Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WTB Spark arrestor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bugs'

WTB Spark arrestor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: WTB Spark arrestor    WTB Spark arrestor  EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 3:03 am

Here's one idea: I removed the OEM spark arrester and installed 2 purchased pieces and one simple fabricated part:

CyclePartsNation: Pro Circuit Mod Quiet Tip 3.5”, P/N PC4001-0000 $26.65
Speed Addicts: Pro Circuit Spark Arrestor, P/N PC4000-0002 $21.56

The outer diameter of the Pro Circuit Spark arrester flange is just a tad smaller than the OEM Exhaust opening (it will fall right into the muffler housing). I used sheet metal to make a simple round flange adapter. It is just a circle cut out of sheet metal using tin snips and cleaned up with a file. Then I used a fat step drill bit to cut a hole in it. The finished adapter looks like a large, narrow washer. My prototype was made from an old license plate, which would probably work just fine, but I have since built a new flange adapter out of thicker gauge aluminum.

I don't recall the exact diameters. The outer diameter of the flange adapter matches the OEM spark arrester diameter. The inner hole diameter matches the size of the Pro Circuit spark arrester. Drill 6 holes in the flange - 3 for the exhaust housing to mate to the exhaust housing and three for the Pro Circuit spark arrester to attach to the flange. Drill matching holes in the Pro Circuit spark arrester. I installed RivNuts in the fabricated flange to hold the spark arrester. That way, the spark arrester can be easily unscrewed and removed to be cleaned - which is a USFS spark arrester requirement. A bit of blue LockTite on the hardware is a good idea.

This setup made the exhaust tone deeper, a bit louder and much more satisfying.
Back to top Go down
sylv0018

PostSubject: Re: WTB Spark arrestor    WTB Spark arrestor  EmptyTue Feb 14, 2023 12:48 am

Ended up finding one, thanks tho!

Bugs' likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bugs'

PostSubject: Re: WTB Spark arrestor    WTB Spark arrestor  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2023 1:20 am

Cool! Glad you got squared away.
What did you end up getting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Spark arrestor    WTB Spark arrestor  Empty

Back to top Go down

WTB Spark arrestor
Page 1 of 1