Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Custom spark arrestor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IAmABug

Custom spark arrestor Empty
PostSubject: Custom spark arrestor   Custom spark arrestor EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:54 am

I cannot obtain a spark arrestor for the Delta silencer so I decided to build one. I came up with an idea and went with it.  I used a piece of 1"dia SS round bar, restrictor plate from the Delta exhaust(modified) and some SS screen. 

Custom spark arrestor Th_photo-7
This is the restrictor modified. No picture of the original as I forgot to

Custom spark arrestor Th_photo-6
Machined tube

Custom spark arrestor Th_photo-5
Attached together. 

Custom spark arrestor Th_photo-8
The screen is held on by five SS rivets and the red is high heat RTV sealant. 
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Custom spark arrestor   Custom spark arrestor EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:45 am

Awesome idea. I would imagine that will reduce and/or change the sound significantly as well.

Will be interesting to hear how this works out for you.

Perhaps a mini-side business for you as well. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: Custom spark arrestor   Custom spark arrestor EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Once the weather warms up I will do a video of the pipe with and without the SA to see the difference in sound. I will probably run it out for the most part. But we get hot and dry here in the summer. That's when I want it. The only issue a see coming up is if the clubs will consider it acceptable even though it is not certified to conform with standards. Anyone know how to find what a spark arrestor is supposed be like?
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: Custom spark arrestor   Custom spark arrestor EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:41 am

IAmABug wrote:
Once the weather warms up I will do a video of the pipe with and without the SA to see the difference in sound. I will probably run it out for the most part. But we get hot and dry here in the summer. That's when I want it. The only issue a see coming up is if the clubs will consider it acceptable even though it is not certified to conform with standards. Anyone know how to find what a spark arrestor is supposed be like?

I know that the FMF Q4 just has SS screen attached to the insert. I think most other makes are similar in design.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom spark arrestor   Custom spark arrestor EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 am

Hey IAmABug, Any thoughts of manuf. that spark arrestor? Oh and BUMP!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom spark arrestor   Custom spark arrestor Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom spark arrestor
Page 1 of 1