Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lowering rear suspension using different link options

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zone48

Lowering rear suspension using different link options Empty
PostSubject: Lowering rear suspension using different link options   Lowering rear suspension using different link options EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 7:03 pm

I hope someone eventually reads this and can answer but here is my question:

Did Yamaha change the rear suspension linkage for the model years 2018 to 2020?  The earlier bikes 2008-2017 had a one piece 3 hole lowering pivot link that you could change out to give you nearly 2" of lower seat height.  The shock mounted on one end, the link bars in the middle hole and the swing arm on the opposite end.   I bought one of those here for my 2008 WRR.  Now the same part shows as incompatible for the 2020 WRR and the twin Yama-link style bars are the only thing available.   I saved my original when I sold the 08 bike but now I might not be able to use it when my 2020 shows up.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any updates Yamaha made on the rear pivot points dunno
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Lowering rear suspension using different link options   Lowering rear suspension using different link options EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 2:19 am

To answer your specific question first, no, the part you are describing (the Relay Arm, Part # 3D7-2217A-00-00) has not changed since the first model year.

To your general question: you can lower the rear by either changing the Relay Arm (the 3-hole lowering pivot that you describe), or change the Connecting Rod (Part # 3D7-2217F-00-00, the twin Yamalink style bars that you describe).

Where did you see that a part from a previous year is incompatible with a later year bike? The WRR did not change throughout its production run.
Back to top Go down
Zone48

PostSubject: Re: Lowering rear suspension using different link options   Lowering rear suspension using different link options EmptySun Mar 12, 2023 12:44 pm

johnkol wrote:
To answer your specific question first, no, the part you are describing (the Relay Arm, Part # 3D7-2217A-00-00) has not changed since the first model year.

To your general question: you can lower the rear by either changing the Relay Arm (the 3-hole lowering pivot that you describe), or change the Connecting Rod (Part # 3D7-2217F-00-00, the twin Yamalink style bars that you describe).

Where did you see that a part from a previous year is incompatible with a later year bike? The WRR did not change throughout its production run.

Thanks johnkol for the info, it's good to know. I forget now what the site was where I was shopping, but they listed the WR250R relay arm application for the 2008-2018 models. Then it had a check fit box, so I entered the 2020 model and it came up with Part will NOT fit. That's when I began wondering if they changed something for 2019 and 2020.

At any rate, thanks again for the info. thumb I saved the one off my 08 when I sold it so when I pick up the 2020 it should work out ok then.

Back to top Go down
Zone48

PostSubject: Re: Lowering rear suspension using different link options   Lowering rear suspension using different link options EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 12:48 pm

Zone48 wrote:
johnkol wrote:

Thanks johnkol for the info, it's good to know.   I forget now what the site was where I was shopping, but they listed the WR250R relay arm application for the 2008-2018 models.   Then it had a check fit box, so I entered the 2020 model and it came up with Part will NOT fit.   That's when I began wondering if they changed something for 2019 and 2020.

At any rate, thanks again for the info.  thumb   I saved the one off my 08 when I sold it so when I pick up the 2020 it should work out ok then.

I found it.  It's the relay arm.  Every single listing only fits 2008 through 2017.  If I add my bike as a 2020 Wr250R it comes back as incompatible.  Perhaps they only manufactured them until 2017 and anything outside of that is flagged?

Per the ebay listing: Zeta Lowering Link Kit Blue #ZE56-05736 fits Yamaha WR250R/WR250X

This item fits the following applications:
Yamaha WR250R 2008-2017
Yamaha WR250X 2008-2011

I guess because I'm a new member I can't post a link but it is ebay item:334703151030  (or any of the lowering link listings for a WRR). I can't find my old one now, so may have to buy another.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Lowering rear suspension using different link options   Lowering rear suspension using different link options EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 3:51 am

Zone48 wrote:
I found it.  It's the relay arm.  Every single listing only fits 2008 through 2017.  If I add my bike as a 2020 Wr250R it comes back as incompatible.  Perhaps they only manufactured them until 2017 and anything outside of that is flagged?

Per the ebay listing: Zeta Lowering Link Kit Blue #ZE56-05736 fits Yamaha WR250R/WR250X

As I said above, neither the relay arm nor the connector rod have changed over the entire life of the WRR. Zeta is still manufacturing this part, so there is no 2017 cutoff.

Zone48 likes this post

Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Lowering rear suspension using different link options   Lowering rear suspension using different link options EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 4:12 am

I just remembered that I still have a 1.5" lowering relay arm for sale; PM me if you're interested.

Zone48 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Zone48

PostSubject: Re: Lowering rear suspension using different link options   Lowering rear suspension using different link options EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 7:01 pm

johnkol wrote:
I just remembered that I still have a 1.5" lowering relay arm for sale; PM me if you're interested.

I think it is the same brand that I had, only mine was the 2" lowering link.  I'll buy it. I tried to PM you but they are stuck in my outbox.  It could be because I signed up less than 7 days ago, I don't have PM privileges.  (I'm not allowed to post links or photos either).

Maybe you can PM me with your shipped price and paypal info? I don't know if I can receive a PM.  or just text me if you like 330-324-1317  Thanks.

Joel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lowering rear suspension using different link options   Lowering rear suspension using different link options Empty

Back to top Go down

Lowering rear suspension using different link options
Page 1 of 1