Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Making a dirt bike street legal ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zone48

Making a dirt bike street legal ... Empty
PostSubject: Making a dirt bike street legal ...   Making a dirt bike street legal ... EmptyThu Apr 27, 2023 9:50 am

You have to wonder if making something like this street legal would be a good idea or not? scratch

Making a dirt bike street legal ... Yamaha-250-X-2023

You'd have lighting to deal with, turn indicators.. hopefully there is some sort of tap for lighting... but maybe not. Then there are mirrors and then mixing enough premix to take you where you want to go, gearing would probably be pretty high for the street. I don't imagine fuel mileage would be so great. dddog

ok forget everything I just said. What is the best radical bike like this that maybe already has lights? I know of the WR250F but what else ya got, 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

Making a dirt bike street legal ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a dirt bike street legal ...   Making a dirt bike street legal ... EmptyTue May 16, 2023 2:26 pm

Zone48 wrote:
You have to wonder if making something like this street legal would be a good idea or not?

ok forget everything I just said.   What is the best radical bike like this that maybe already has lights?  I know of the WR250F but what else ya got, 2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Whether you can do it or not depends on the jurisdiction. Some jurisdictions, if it left the dealership as a straight up off-road motorcycle, it doesn't matter what you put on it, they won't license it and allow it on the road. Others just require adding minimal lights, horn, etc.

Riding partner had a KTM 530 (I think) flavour that had minimal equipment that allowed it to leave the dealership as a licensed street legal motorcycle. It was built for off road... or if you prefer 95/5 dirt bike.
Back to top Go down

Making a dirt bike street legal ...
Page 1 of 1