Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Error codes 12 crankshaft position sensor and error code 30

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wr250rboy1222

Error codes 12 crankshaft position sensor and error code 30  Empty
PostSubject: Error codes 12 crankshaft position sensor and error code 30    Error codes 12 crankshaft position sensor and error code 30  EmptyFri Dec 08, 2023 2:23 am

Hi everyone,

I need everyones help and suggestions. So I have a 2017 wr250r. I bought a flat out subframe. I installed while installing it I broke my map sensor. I bought a cheap on off eBay. But after installing everything I went to start it and my bike won't start and is throwing 2 error codes. The first on is 12 crankshaft position sensor and second one is error code 30 which is lean angle sensor. Anyone can help me with this. I need help. I am also trying to locate where the crankshaft position sensor is. Can anyone tell me please.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
johnkol

Error codes 12 crankshaft position sensor and error code 30  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error codes 12 crankshaft position sensor and error code 30    Error codes 12 crankshaft position sensor and error code 30  EmptySat Dec 09, 2023 3:12 am

The Crankshaft Position Sensor is next to the generator rotor; you can check its electrical function by following the procedure on Page 8-75 of the service manual.

Both Fault Codes 12 and 30 will prevent the bike from starting.

By "MAP" I presume you mean the air pressure sensor? Even if it malfunctions, the engine will start, so you can troubleshoot that one later.
Back to top Go down

Error codes 12 crankshaft position sensor and error code 30
Page 1 of 1