Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Error code 46

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

Error code 46 Empty
PostSubject: Error code 46   Error code 46 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Bike won't start. Getting a spark and fuel. Cranks and cranks - wants to fire but won't. Now I'm getting an error code (46) but of course I can't find a listing for the codes in the service manual. scratch

Can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano

Error code 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error code 46   Error code 46 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:45 pm

D'oh! Nevermind. I found my answer on page 304 of the service manual.

Code: 46
Item: Vehicle system power supply
Symptom: Power supply to the ECU system relay is not normal.

The battery was getting low since the bike has been sitting for some time now (too @#$%ing cold to ride). I hooked up a truck battery in parallel to the bike battery, but apparently it's not fully charged as well.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Error code 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error code 46   Error code 46 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:27 am

If you don't have one, invest in a battery tender. They're not expensive, and great to keep a trickle on the battery over the winter when you're not riding. I have one and switch it between the bike and the quad, just to keep the battery topped off at all times. Error code 46 61865

Goggles Pisano

Error code 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error code 46   Error code 46 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Yeah, I guess a battery tender should be standard equipment for those of us northern folks.

So I got the bike running and figured I'd let it run for a while to recharge the battery. 20 minutes later the bike dies with error code 70. GAHHHH

Looked it up and it's supposed to do that. According to the service manual "After 20 minutes left idling the ECU automatically stops the engine."

Whew...

Now it's just a matter of waiting for the warm weather again... When's this global warming stuff supposed to kick in? Like Drew Carey once said "I'm out on the front porch with a can of hair spray saying 'fuck the grandkids, I'm cold now!'"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Error code 46 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error code 46   Error code 46 Empty

Back to top Go down

Error code 46
Page 1 of 1