Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pivot pegs folding clearance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrripper

Pivot pegs folding clearance  Empty
PostSubject: Pivot pegs folding clearance    Pivot pegs folding clearance  EmptySun Dec 17, 2023 5:30 pm

Like the pivot pegs but troubled that they don’t fold against bike like stock, I’ve been grinding some spots on axel and nubs on platform for clearance for peg round head mounting bolts and rear brake pedal

What has anyone else done to allow pegs to fold tighter when bike laying on its side

This forum has given me lots of insight, thx
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegs folding clearance    Pivot pegs folding clearance  EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:10 am

Wrripper wrote:
What has anyone else done to allow pegs to fold tighter when bike laying on its side

Grinding isn't working?
Back to top Go down
Wrripper

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegs folding clearance    Pivot pegs folding clearance  EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 11:39 am

Grinding made a huge difference for sure and there’s a little bit more I’ll try

But perhaps there are other experiences that I should consider, don’t want to overlook the knowledge that’s available here,

Ideally the pegs would fold flat and hoping  that’s attainable
Pivot pegs folding clearance  Img_5612
Pivot pegs folding clearance  Img_5610
Pivot pegs folding clearance  Img_5611
?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegs folding clearance    Pivot pegs folding clearance  EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 2:46 pm

I don't have the Pivot Pegz, I got the Yamaha titanium pegs and those weren't folding either, but with enough grinding they are now folding an appropriate amount.

I don't know if it's a good idea to make them fold all the way because then the serrated teeth of the pegs will ding either the brake arm or the frame; I ground mine enough to fold, but not so much that they touch the frame.
Back to top Go down
Wrripper

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegs folding clearance    Pivot pegs folding clearance  EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 3:27 pm

Definitely peg teeth were able to hit head of rear brake lever pivot bolt but ground them a bit more

Wondered about adding thick spacers between frame and peg mounting bracket to give a bit more clearance to pivot inwards?
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegs folding clearance    Pivot pegs folding clearance  EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 4:06 pm

Wrripper wrote:
Wondered about adding thick spacers between frame and peg mounting bracket to give a bit more clearance to pivot inwards?

I would be more worried about the pegs not having a solid backing rather than the pegs not folding all the way in.

I've dropped the bikes a number of times, never had an issue with the pegs not folding in all the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pivot pegs folding clearance    Pivot pegs folding clearance  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pivot pegs folding clearance
Page 1 of 1