Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Mounted new tire --- oops...help

Go down 
+2
YZEtc
bcpaul
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bcpaul

Mounted new tire --- oops...help Empty
PostSubject: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:43 am

Bought dunlop 606 (90% dirt) today. When I pulled out the rear axle, the two dust covers that protect the wheel bearings fell out of the wheel. Of course they are different lengths and got mixed up when they fell out. I used my spidee senses Mounted new tire --- oops...help Icon_scratch to guess that longer one goes on the sprocket side...

I put everything back together and it seems right -- was I right? Mounted new tire --- oops...help 29721

Oh and I am hoping I won't need rim locks. Ran the stockers at 15lbs with no issues, so I am hoping these will be the same

Thanks
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 am

You're correct about the wheel spacers since the spacer on the sprocket side needs to be longer to reach further into the hub to contact the bearing on that side.

Actually, you sould be removing those things anyway in order to clean the parts and apply fresh grease to the oil seal lips and those spacers, as well as the wheel axle, itself.

It's this grease that keeps the seals alive, improves the ability of all of those parts to seal dirt and water out, and keeps all of those steel parts from rusting together.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 10:58 am

You won't need rim locks unless you intend on running anything under 10 psi.

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks. I did clean and grease them
Back to top Go down
BluePill

BluePill

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:24 pm

SheWolf wrote:

Another of the advantages of our poor underpowered pet: Lacks the power to rip off the sprocket, unlike this KTM 950

Mounted new tire --- oops...help Wheel
Back to top Go down
Pancho

Pancho

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Quote :
unlike this KTM 950
Wow! Never seen that happening before!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:16 pm

I have, when they hit a rock. Mind you it was on a 350 not a 990...makes you wonder, doesn't it? Mounted new tire --- oops...help Icon_scratch

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:40 pm

The big KTM's have been known to do that.
Back to top Go down
bcpaul

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 4:30 am

Hope that didn't cause a painful crash...yeah 250cc does have some advantages

BluePill wrote:
SheWolf wrote:

Another of the advantages of our poor underpowered pet: Lacks the power to rip off the sprocket, unlike this KTM 950

Mounted new tire --- oops...help Wheel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mounted new tire --- oops...help   Mounted new tire --- oops...help Empty

Back to top Go down

Mounted new tire --- oops...help
Page 1 of 1