Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)

Go down 
5 posters

With these tires currently available, what is your choice for the rear? I left links to every tire so you can look if you want. This should be a fun poll and I set it for 1 week so stay tuned for results.
1. Dunlop D606 http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/5337/ITEM/Dunlop-D606-Dual-Sport-Rear-Tire.aspx
IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty29%IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty
 29% [ 2 ]
2. Kenda 760 Trackmaster http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/5353/ITEM/Kenda-K760-Trakmaster-II-Rear-Tire.aspx
IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty14%IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty
 14% [ 1 ]
3. Pirelli xcmh http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/14844/ITEM/Pirelli-XCMH-Dual-Sport-Rear-Tire.aspx
IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty0%IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
4. Michelin AC10 http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/5388/ITEM/Michelin-AC-10-Enduro-MX-Rear-Tire.aspx
IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty57%IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty
 57% [ 4 ]
5. IRC TR8 Battle rally http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/19574/ITEM/IRC-TR8-Battle-Rally-Rear-Tire.aspx
IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty0%IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty
PostSubject: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 12:01 am

Has anyone tried the IRC tires. They look really awsome but can anyone speak for them? Seem like very soft and would wear fast but cheap. http://www.bikebandit.com/irc-tr8-battle-rally-series-motorcycle-tire
Back to top Go down
bassandgrass

PostSubject: irc battle rallye   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 3:24 pm

I am going to change to the 3" IRC front this spring. Going with a t-63 rear. I was seriously considering the IRC for the rear too but couldn't find enough info to pull the trigger. If you get one fill me in on your impressions.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: tire poll   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:39 pm

Well so far there are only 3 votes on tire poll. right now we have 2 votes for Michelin AC10 and 1 vote for Dunlop 606. Wow dont be too egar to vote guys. I know I greatly value and depend on this feedback when contiplating on purchases.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Add the dunlop d803,the preillie mt43 and the vee rubber vmr308r. Most "old" guys i know run a trials rear,i have one of each spooned up now.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Tires are terrian specific and what you run depends on how much you ride on the road too.
I like the kenda tm2 best out of the ones in your poll but I ride muddy trails and only a little bit on the road.
Ive never heard anything good or bad about those IRCs, try em and tell us how they worked.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:04 pm

Sorry I forgot to update this post, so anyway, the results were Michelin AC10 by 57%. Only like seven people voted. This doesnt persuade my buying decision comming up for the D606. I hear the 606 is nobbier and better mileage. The D606 came in second at 29%. Please comment if you would like. dddog
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:44 pm

I love the D606 rear tire, and I loved the IRC VE-39 intermediate front I've used in the past. IRC makes good tires. Anything with knobs is better than nothing, tires wear out fast enough anyways!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:16 pm

stock trail wing lasted about 1000 miles. Hoping I can get 2 seasons riding out of 606. Can only ride in Michigan from April till october. Five months of cold and snow. baldy
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:31 pm

[quote="mcdoudlehopper"]Sorry I forgot to update this post, so anyway, the results were Michelin AC10 by 57%. Only like seven people voted. This doesnt persuade my buying decision comming up for the D606. I hear the 606 is nobbier and better mileage. The D606 came in second at 29%. Please comment if you would like. dddog [/quote

The ac10 is way more agressive than the d606.
The 606 last alot longer and works better on the road but doesnt have near the bite if its muddy offroad.
I like the kenda tm2 better than either, its as good off and on the road as the ac10, last about the same but cost 1/2 as much.
It may only last 1/2 as long as the 606 but it works better offroad and cost 1/2 as much too.
You may not need a tire thats better than the 606 offroad tho, alot of poeple dont.
You really need to try a couple of different tires to see what you like, dont sweat trying new tires they dont last long anyway, if you dont like the one you have try something else
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Thank you BigLake, now that is the feedback I'm looking for. I do love to jump on the bike and ride around town alot so I'm afraid the TM2 will wear too fast. I dont go out looking for mud but eventually gonna find it somewhere. Most of my offroad consist of 2tracks and fire roads. Your jaw would drop if you could see our trail systems. You can go from town to town across the whole Upper Penninsula. I'm worried about the height of the D606 but still think its gonna be right for my style riding. I have to tip-toe on the bike and OOOhhh Nooooo I FEEL A SEAT MOD COMING ON :) bannana If I cant get 2000 miles out of the D606 then I will go cheaper and have to replace every year. Do you think I can get that mileage?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 pm

I've never ran a d606 it doesnt suit my riding conditions, but based on what ive read about it im sure it will last 2000 miles.
Did you lower the rear of the bike with the ride hieght adjuster on the rear shock yet? That'll drop the bike about an inch and make up for the taller tire.
Theres oddles of trails close to my place too. Very happy
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Spent most of the day working on the bike again. Threaded the knuckle on the shock almost all the way up to adjuster. Pushed the forks up 5/8". This helped alot, maybe 1 1/4 to 1 1/2. Possibly a seat concepts cover this summer. Cant wait till spring, the bike is gonna be top notch and ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)   IRC tire line ?  (TIRE POLL) Empty

Back to top Go down

IRC tire line ? (TIRE POLL)
Page 1 of 1