Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 Empty
PostSubject: old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4   old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:39 am

i decided to go ahead and upgrade my exhaust. also took a chance on trying the power core over the Q. it's not nearly as loud as most people make it out to be...thankfully. i was looking for the best and least restricted flow,not louder. it is louder than stock,but not as much as i was expecting it to be.
it's just not in my budget right now to be able to buy everything i want or need to get all at once...so i started with the slip-on first.
i also wanted to go ahead and ditch the whole EXUP system too.get rid of more dead weight.
i actually lucked out and had a 10k ohm resister here at home already,i took electronics awhile back and have some stuff here at home.
thanks to SheWolf and everyone else that already did the trial and errors,all i had to do was use the one resistor jumping the white/red to the black/red and no CEL. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 61865
i had the same interference at the mid mount as i had read about others on here having and decided to just grind the frame mount for a little more clearance,that and one washer between the pipe and mount tab worked out great. i've only ridden around my yard and block some since i got it on....i did have a flat spot right off idle so i decided to try going into CO mode and started adding a cpl numbers at a time to see if i could get rid of it...it only took going up +4 to get rid of that and my idle speed also slightly increased just as it did the first time i tried this adjustment. it has very crisp throttle response and a steady idle speed of 1580rpms now.
now the best part....my bike now has some punch in second and third.now when i fan the clutch in 2nd or 3rd the rpms jump up and stay there as long as you want instead of gradually falling.it's starting to feel more like a "dirt bike" with every new mod. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 379944
and at least now it sounds like it too.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4   old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:58 am

Glad the servo bypass worked for ya. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 61865 Probably one of the cheapest most for the bike so far. Now for pics of you doing a wheelie. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 93746

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4   old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm

quick follow up on my first ride out with the new pipe and CO setting.....
i couldn't be more pleased. it helped to give me more usuable grunt on hill climbs and a bit more punch in the mid range. the bike ran perfect...very pleased with this deal. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4   old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:39 pm

+10 old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 525406

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4   old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 12:23 am

SheWolf wrote:
Glad the servo bypass worked for ya. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 61865 Probably one of the cheapest most for the bike so far. Now for pics of you doing a wheelie. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 93746

lol...i don't know if anyone got a pic of me doing a wheelie,but a few in my group today did video me climbing a pretty decent powerline hill. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 61865
these are screen captures from my GoPro.

from the top...
old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 2010-02-21_214456

closer to the edge...
old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 2010-02-21_214700

almost back to the top...
old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 2010-02-21_215310
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4   old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 12:40 am

NICE!!! old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 61865 Powerline trails are such a hoot, and when it keeps begging for more the smiles just get bigger. old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 93746

PostSubject: Re: old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4   old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

old topic,but new for me...FMF Power Core 4
Page 1 of 1