Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vileadam

Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb? Empty
PostSubject: Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb?   Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:35 am

Hello All, I am new to the form and have recently purchased a bone stock 2012 WR² with just over 1,000 miles on it. I absolutely love my new toy and am currently in the process of trying to wring just a little more power out of her. Below is a list of modifications that I have done so far.

FMF Power core muffler
FMF Mega bomb header
FMF Power programmer
Ultimate air box mod
K&N air filter
Factory gearing
A.I.S. Delete

My question Is, does anyone have any recommended settings for my Power Programmer based on my specific modifications? I have tried to search for the answer but have so far been unsuccessful. I will be riding mostly at about 900 Ft. above sea level.

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb?   Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb? EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 3:32 pm

Even if my bike was modded like yours, doesn't mean you'd need the same settings....It depends on your temperature, altitude, humidity, blablabla...
I live in the Montreal Canada area and it gets hot and humid here.

I'm running 2-3-0.5-8-6-4 with:
FMF Programmer
FMF PowerBomb
FMF Q4
Ultimate Airbox Mod
K&N
Stock gearing
Main thing is start with one of the popular settings and go from there to find your little slice of heaven.  Peace YAM 

That being said, post up your settings/results for others in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb?   Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 9:03 pm

I have the fmf programmer, q4 pipe with stock header, ais delete and a very open air box, I did the ulitame air box mod plus cut a 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 hole above the filter.

I run 3-2-.5-8-6-4.

Heres a few tips on setting it up...

9/10 people run the first setting on 3, the 3rd on .5, the 4th on 8, the 5th on 6 and the 6th on 4 on a piped stock internal motor, you can set these and forget em IMO, big bores have totally different settings.

Putting the 5th setting below 6 causes cut outs so leave it on 6.

Setting the 2nd setting too high causes hicups, my bike has a tiny bit more power with it on 3 or 4 but I get a slight hicup at times, this is the only setting I'd mess with, try it between 2 and 4 to see what you like best.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb?   Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb? Empty

Back to top Go down

Power Programmer settings for Power core + Mega bomb?
Page 1 of 1