Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aaronhall555

aaronhall555

Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars Empty
PostSubject: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:55 am

This is a video taken at night from my iPhone mounted by a clear pouch zip-tied to the handlebars bars of my 08 WR250R. Wanted to see how bad the video quality was going to be with my two dollar solution for mounting my iPhone on the bike. The quality is pretty crappy but still fun to watch.

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm

What have you got on there for a pipe again? Sounds nasty! Not a bad vid for a phone. Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars 61865

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:32 pm

lol, it's still stock... The pouch my phone was in definitely changes the sound a bit, plus the mic on the phone isn't so great, but it works.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:48 pm

64 MPH down a residential street ? Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars 911463 You give love a bad name...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 pm

He gave me a wet spot. Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars 851577 You'd be a hoot to ride with. Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars 61865

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:51 pm

My appolagies, I really never ride like that on the road. At the time(2 months ago) I was excited about being able to take video. Love can make you do some stupid things, but believe it or not, I was still being safe about it. Shog

Lmfao SheWolf!!!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 pm

SheWolf: Probably safe to say you never have a dry one !

Aaron: I'm messin with ya. You didn't do anything I've never done before.

However let me give you some advice. Iffin ya feel like going bonkers in some neighborhood, never do it in your own. They know where you live. You don't want to draw attention to yourself.

I keep a child's plastic ball in my garage and when I hear someone winding it up coming down my very quiet street street (it's always in a cage), I toss it out just in front of them (because usually right behind it is some lil kid chasing it). It usually results in heavy braking/screeching tires and a look tossed my way like...

Yea... You're a dick.

Just be careful brother... That's no toy. We don't need no "Fallen Riders" section in here.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 pm

+ ... yeah, can't put a number on a life. I've seen ppl huck rocks at cars and bikes that do that. Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars 640571 Actually I almost got taken out by a fully loaded garbage bag and I wasn't speeding. I was in a lower gear and the revs were up, but yeah. Scary shit.

aaronhall555

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:55 am

X-Racer wrote:

I keep a child's plastic ball in my garage and when I hear someone winding it up coming down my very quiet street street (it's always in a cage), I toss it out just in front of them (because usually right behind it is some lil kid chasing it). It usually results in heavy braking/screeching tires and a look tossed my way like...

Just be careful brother... That's no toy. We don't need no "Fallen Riders" section in here.

That's funny you say that, because we do the same thing on my block. We actually take it a little further and use a little red plastic tricycle to roll it out from our parked cars. Sometimes we just leave it part way out in the street just to make it seem like we have little kids playing out in the street, but really have none on our block. We originally started doing this when we played fetch with our dogs.

I'm always careful, sheesh, my life is on the line! I don't wanna die or hurt anyone else!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:07 am

A young girl was killed on our block - Just up from my house. Mind you this is an extremely quiet block.

Not to keep on with the neg vibe, but there's a few empty seats around the campfire here.

Just be respectful of your surroundings/neighbors. That's my recommendation.

Be cool... Peace-Out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars   Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars Empty

Back to top Go down

Night video from iPhone zip-tied to handle bars
Page 1 of 1