Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T Empty
PostSubject: Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T   Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:25 am

AB as in airbox top removed. That gave us room to wire tie the PC III under the seat after the flapper and top of the airbox was gone. I will look at doing something more secure with the PC III later.

My friend and I working together took about 6 hours in the garage. Loaded the Rusty61 map (thank you). Working together was a great way to go.

Only got in a very short test ride after we finished up last night but I am still smiling. HUGE improvement in throttle response and of course it sounds great. The increase to the responsiveness is not suttle. More grunt down low but it is the throttle response that really pleases. Haven't wound it out yet.

Went with the "Forever" stuff from Sidewinder. With the Ti2 rear spocket you can use the stock non-tampered bolts btw. I put on the Ti2 13T counter but I got the 12T as well so I will report when we try the 12/46 swap for pure off road.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T   Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:59 am

You can spare yourself a lot of grief, and put the PCIII where the ECM goes, then slide the ECM down alongside the frame and the airbox where all the AIS stuff used to go. It will fit in there snugly. That's what I did and it works absolutely wonderful. Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T 61865

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T   Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 pm

SheWolf wrote:
You can spare yourself a lot of grief, and put the PCIII where the ECM goes, then slide the ECM down alongside the frame and the airbox where all the AIS stuff used to go. It will fit in there snugly. That's what I did and it works absolutely wonderful. Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T 61865

You da' woman! I will try that!

Thank you so much for all the help you have been with my bike. We probably referenced your posts more than anything else doing the mods and you have helped me back on Thumpertalk with other stuff too. If you are ever think I could be of assistance for anything I am going to PM you my phone an address.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T   Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T 986936 If I can help out a fellow rider, it's all good. Nothing worse than trying to struggle with something and getting nowhere. It's great to be able to find something someone else has had the grief of going thru and finding a decent solution to it all and spare more down time when you could be out riding and enjoying the little beast. Glad I could help wherever I could. Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T 61865

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T   Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T Empty

Back to top Go down

Completed: Safari, FMF, PC III, AB top removed and Ti2 46T
Page 1 of 1