Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Go-Race Suspension is the bomb!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Machtig

Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! Empty
PostSubject: Go-Race Suspension is the bomb!   Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Last weekend my forks and shock arrived back from getting the full treatment at Go-Race Suspension and I got busy installing it. This weekend I took the bike to Hollister Hills SVRA and beat the daylights out of her. Night and day difference. The bike was completely composed in every situation I threw at her.
She sailed over huge whoops with ease, soaked up big air at the Mx track, carved up the single track. I wish this had been the first upgrade I did, vice the last. This suspension is easily as good as the Go-Race prepped suspension on my 450F. I got some video I'm editing that I'll post a little later, unfortunately video never shows the terrain very good, but it will have to do.

Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! DSC04054

Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! DSC04055

I was gettin on it so good the plate couldn't even stay on and jumped ship
Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! DSC04052
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race Suspension is the bomb!   Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 pm

Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! 61865 SWEET! Are you still running those wore out AC10's?

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race Suspension is the bomb!   Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! 61865 SWEET! Are you still running those wore out AC10's?

Negative, got new Michelin T63s on now.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race Suspension is the bomb!   Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Looks like they bite in and chew pretty good then! So what did Trav all do to your setup? Did he put in Race Tech stuff, or change springs, revalve? Sorry, just wanting to get into the dirt of what you all had done to front and rear. It's awesome to see a happy, satisfied rider. Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! 61865

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race Suspension is the bomb!   Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Basically Travis rebuilds and revalves your forks and shock. On the shock he upgrades the seal head assembly to a rebuildable KYB

-Suspension revalve/service
-shock base seal head assembly "Must be replaced because the stock one is not in spec when they are in the show room."
-Fork base valve Assembly

You can also opt for new springs, but I didn't need any because he said the stock springs are good for 180ish to 210ish pound riders. I was going to get some heavier springs because I'm near the upper limit but Travis talked me out of it. I'm glad he did, the bike is damn near perfect as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race Suspension is the bomb!   Go-Race Suspension is the bomb! Empty

Back to top Go down

Go-Race Suspension is the bomb!
Page 1 of 1