Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .

Go down 
+3
YZEtc
X-Racer
griffin738
7 posters
AuthorMessage
griffin738

griffin738

throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . Empty
PostSubject: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:00 pm

I bought my '09 wrr from a guy who did a bit of work on it, mostly good! i think that he may have cut down the bars and/or throttle tube, but i'm not quite sure. At this point I'm trying to figure out a replacement handlebar/hand guard setup but my levers seem a bit long for the setup, or at least they are long relative to the throttle tube and the new handguard placement.

see, looky here. . .
throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . 804594638_LbAJR-M

Question 1 (in two parts): does anyone know how long the stock throttle tube is? the one on my bike is about 11cm / 4.3" - - any clue how much it's been cut down, if any?

if i can get all things to fit well, then i don't feel the need to replace the tube, but if it has in fact been cut down then with my new bars/guards i'll either need to get shorter levers or a longer tube

Question 2 (in one part but with lots of parenthesis (sorry (augh!))): any favorite replacement levers (shorter than stock) or favorite replacement throttle tubes (same length as stock)?

thanks!
paul
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Paul...

As long as the bars don't feel too narrow to you (they don't look stock) and you can get your entire hands on the grips, I'd simply cut the end of the lever off (The ball is there to preclude goring yourself, but with guards it's not usually a problem).

Stock bars are roughly 31" (and change). I like mine slightly wider (I cut my stock CRF bars off roughly 3/4 " each side - to 32").

I haven't looked for shorter levers, but I'd guess they're out there. Just a guess that WRF levers would work.

-Robert
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:32 pm

WR-250F levers are different.

The WR-250R levers are old-timers that would be listed for a 1985 YZ-125 or YZ-250 or a 1986 IT-200.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:13 am

Cut the balls off your levers and call it a day. throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . 61865
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:24 am

I used the Zeta folding levers from Wheeling on my previous WRR, they were very nice and I'll probably go with them again. I liked them a lot better than stock but they're a lot more expensive ($50 each). Also used the Zeta plastic open ended throttle tube, also purchased from Wheeling, so i didn't have to hack the end off the stock tube.

He might have cut the bars, I didn't see before that HDB made guards for bars narrower than 30". They do now of course. budah Oh well, I'm happy with my Moose mini guards especially for a LOT less money.
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 pm

the end of the tube has been cut in order for the handguard to be bolted into the handle bar, if you buy a new tube you will just have to do the same. I have the same handguards but I cut half of my levers off since I never use more then 2 fingers, looks like you will have clearance if you just cut the ball off.
Back to top Go down
griffin738

griffin738

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi gang, thanks for the input. A brief update on things here. . .

Skierd, I followed your lead and did business with the good people at Wheeling Cycles. Zeta levers and throttle tube all mounted up and ready to roll.

All things seem to be playing well with the HDB guards and the new bars. Oh yes!

throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . 818064614_4zTaT-M
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:50 pm

I GET FIRST DIBS ON THE TAKE-OFFS ! throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . 379944
Back to top Go down
griffin738

griffin738

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:11 pm

X-Racer wrote:
I GET FIRST DIBS ON THE TAKE-OFFS ! throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . 379944

oh man, there is a huge box o' goodies getting fuller and fuller each day. . .
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:18 am

Don't I know.... I have an attic full.

I just want your levers. Cheap... throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . 986936

She'll tear her's off sooner than later.

Send PM for asking price and shipping to So Cal.

Thanks,

-Robert
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 am

I like the look o' those Zeta levers. The whole set up is sweet actually. throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .   throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . . Empty

Back to top Go down

throttle tubes, levers, that sort of thing. . .
Page 1 of 1