Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

safari tank installation question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mwolff

safari tank installation question Empty
PostSubject: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 pm

OK, first off, many thanks for all the earlier posts on interpretation of Aussie-speak on installing the Safari tank. I am stuck on where the T off the vacuum line goes. If it goes to the nipple on outside of tank (between gas cap and mount), then where does the line that I pulled off the OEM tank go?

Going into this I knew it would be a several hour job...but thought I could get through it, reading posts here, TT, and AdvRider. Any help, thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:44 pm

I'm going to take it you've got a California model. The line you took off your stock tank is the vent line and it runs to your charcoal canister. The safari tank isn't set up for that unless you want to run the gas cap vent all the way down to your charcoal canister. I'd just remove it now while you're tearing into everything else.
Back to top Go down
mwolff

PostSubject: Re: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:27 am

Yes, Krabill, I do have the California model, and after searching a spot for that line, i decided that I could leave it open. I will just remove the entire hose and charcoal filter piece. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:27 am

hello People.

Quick question (I thought 'Safari Tank Installation question' would be a suitable place for this):

Did any of you replace the rubber Oring when changing either the stock fuel pump or when going over to the Safari.
I've tried bolting it gently and bolting it firmly and I still seem to get a slight wetness/drip around the metal fuelpump 'clamp' and the tank when left over night. Tiny amount of fuel but wet nonetheless. Did you soak the Oring in fuel or use any sealant or sandpaper the mating areas or anything like that? The bike is an '08 and had no issues at all from the factory.

I hope I can sort this out Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Ok, I'm officially in over my head too with this safari install.

Trying to make sense of the weird instructions and matching them up with the small bad photos....

I'm at step 4 : "Extract the pickup pump outlet hose and cable tie it to the fuel pump as all pickup pump fuel is distributed to the main fuel pump pickup point".

what do they mean by "extract"...and what do I extract exactly (pickup pump outlet hose...?)? The picture they give doesn't match up to what I've got in my hands.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:07 am

Best I recall, you don't actually extract anything, you just ziptie what's there. Scroll down for pictures on the first page, you'll see his ziptie:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796340&highlight=tank+install

Scroll down here to see Ed's post on dropping the low fuel switch:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t83p60-larger-fuel-tank?highlight=safari+tank+install

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks. Those links are good.

You're right, there wasn't anything to "extract" as they put it.

Now, I'm stuck looking for the vacuum line to tap into...I think that is/was the line that I removed as part of the airbox mod? I dunno, I just can't see any other vacuum line around there to tap into.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Go back and look at 10cup's posts in the TT thread:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796340&page=7&highlight=tank+install

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: safari tank installation question   safari tank installation question Empty

Back to top Go down

safari tank installation question
Page 1 of 1