Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thinair

Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question Empty
PostSubject: Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question   Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 10:31 pm

I filled the Safari half way up for the maiden voyage for the tank, and the bike for that matter, and the low fuel light came on with the fuel level about an inch from the bottom of the Yamaha fuel pump. Just checking to see what others may have done to remedy this. My only thoughts are to live with it, at least it tells you when the tank is half empty, or to disconnect the light from the dash so it doesn't annoy me, or somehow someway come up with a better idea. I have a translucent white tank and looking at the side of the tank it is at the halfway mark when the fuel is at the bottom of the factory pump. Another concern I have is running the fuel level below the factory fuel pump. i know there is another pump in there from Safari, how do I know it's working before I just "trust" it. I suppose I could drive around a block with a gas station on it over and over to test it. And how does that pump function anyway. I hooked up the vacuum line as directed, and also zip tied the tube inside the tank to the pump as directed, but just don't see how that would work. Any comments from others with experience with this tank. Can you go ahead and run it low with confidence?
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question   Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Scroll down to see ed29's post:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t83p60-larger-fuel-tank#15193

A few of us have done the same thing and it's worked out well, at least it has for me. I believe I typically see the low fuel light around 180 miles on secondary roads, earlier if I'm running interstate speeds.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Re: Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question   Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:02 am

I've just been inspecting the low fuel sensor and the plan was to cable-tie it to the pump body as many of you have done. it appears that the plastic bracket doesn't need to be attached when the sensor is relocated but I really only want a low fuel light to come on when I am almost out of fuel, which on the safari is harder to detect once the fuel drops below the bottom of the pump. When I tried to cable tie it lower down, it didn't seem very secure and I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question   Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Tank/Low Fuel Light Question
Page 1 of 1