Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Upside Down Switch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skip

Upside Down Switch Empty
PostSubject: Upside Down Switch   Upside Down Switch EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 am

After a weekend of the hardest riding I have done in my life at Port Macquarie Australia. A lot of rain, orange clay and Bornio style jungle conditions, the WR ended up on its side and upside down more than I would have liked it.

The first off was sliding down a trail sideways down a steep slippery hill and I had a slow motion off on the low side and the WR ended up upside down.I shut it down within seconds using the kill switch.
But after righting the bike it would not start, nor roll start. I then had a memory of reading on either this or TT forum that if the bike goes upside down it will not re-start untill the key is turned off and the ECU reset. The upside down switch dosent seem to shut it down, ust prevents restarting unill you turn it off first.

Just though I would bring it up again as I would have drained half the battery before turning the key off in the heat of the moment.

Had to do it again about 3 additional times that day Upside Down Switch 490865 Off to the tyre shop I go.My nobbies were about 50% and I felt like I was ice skating all day.

Cheers, Alec
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

Upside Down Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down Switch   Upside Down Switch EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 8:03 am

Did you get to the kill switch quickly every time? I think the auto off switch is on about a 5 sec delay because the same thing happenes to me.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Upside Down Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down Switch   Upside Down Switch EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 am

Not too sure what you mean. Any time the bike is shut off due to the lean angle sensor...you must turn the key off then back on. Is this separate from what you are saying?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Upside Down Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upside Down Switch   Upside Down Switch Empty

Back to top Go down

Upside Down Switch
Page 1 of 1