Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Shinko 244's on the x

Go down 
+22
crazy_dave
whoopazz1
wildosvt
josh
Mr. Fisherman
RAVYN
Tightline
team510
kbike
jacekrsx
mordicai
5S Dude
outlaw230
jefmad
jpatt
dustcloud
1moreroad
PonchoV
greer
SheWolf
slolane
rydnseek
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 am

Looks purdy to me...

I just received another rear to replace my first one... Thank you again for turning me on to these... love them.wings 
Back to top Go down
JBEGNOCHE

PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Recently I installed Kenda 270's on my X. 4.60 and 5.10 front/rear just like everyone else. I am very pleased. I have only ridden about 350 miles, the first 50 or so I had issues with the front tire riding a little squirly. Since then I have ridden in the Colorado rockies and very impressed. This set up allowed me to air down to 12 pounds of pressure, I did not try any lower since we would jump from trail to pavement multiple times a day, and had no issues. Smooth ride off road and stable ride on pavement. I was a little nervous riding 70 mph on pavement with low pressure but they were short jogs so I did not air up. For safety sake I do not recommend doing this. My riding buddies each rode it for a while and one of them is looking to buy an X now. They ride xr650l's as I did and were impressed with how easy the bike was to handle. Thanks for everyones help on this thread. It was a big factor in buying and modifying the X to be an awesome bike. Side note when in Colorado we did Red Cone, Radical Hill, and several other challenging trails and the bike handled all of them well. The only short coming was trying to cruise 70 mph at 10,000 feet with stock gearing. Next year I will gear down a little. Thanks, Justin.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:37 am

JBEGNOCHE wrote:
Recently I installed Kenda 270's on my X. 4.60 and 5.10 front/rear just like everyone else. I am very pleased. I have only ridden about 350 miles, the first 50 or so I had issues with the front tire riding a little squirly.  Since then I have ridden in the Colorado rockies and very impressed.   This set up allowed me to air down to 12 pounds of pressure, I did not try any lower since we would jump from trail to pavement multiple times a day, and had no issues. Smooth ride off road and stable ride on pavement.  I was a little nervous riding 70 mph on pavement with low pressure but they were short jogs so I did not air up.  For safety sake I do not recommend doing this.  My riding buddies each rode it for a while and one of them is looking to buy an X now.  They ride xr650l's as I did and were impressed with how easy the bike was to handle.  Thanks for everyones help on this thread.  It was a big factor in buying and modifying the X to be an awesome bike.  Side note when in Colorado we did Red Cone, Radical Hill, and several other challenging trails and the bike handled all of them well. The only short coming was trying to cruise 70 mph at 10,000 feet with stock gearing. Next year I will gear down a little.  Thanks, Justin.
K270s are not the same as Shinko 244s... I had the 270s on m y KLR and could not push them anywhere near as hard as I do the 244s on my little bike... not even close.
Back to top Go down
JBEGNOCHE

PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 8:52 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa, I know the kendas are different SLIGHTLY, but comparing tires on your KLR supertanker to a wr250x is a bigger stretch.lol!  I was simply saying I was very happy with the performance of the 270's. I have read opinions about the compound of the Kendas being too soft but I tried them anyway. I have used Kendas for years and am glad I tried them again.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:02 am

Run the Kendras if you want... I won't. The transition as you start leaning is too squishy for me. I'll take the Shinkos, tyvm. ymmv. good talk:(':deal:'):  poser2deal 
Back to top Go down
chabon

chabon

PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm happy with the Shinko 244's on the X.

Here is a photo comparing new one to one with 5,500 miles. New one knob height is 12 mm, used one still has 6 mm remaining!. I was going to replace with new one before heading down to Copper Canyon, but it looks like the old one should be good for the 2000 mile trip.

Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 2013-010

I've run this set through Copper Canyon, Baja, Mojave desert, lots of highway, and never been disappointed or let down. Never had a flat and yes, air pressure adjustments make the ride.
Back to top Go down
AZNoob

AZNoob

PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 1:33 pm

What tubes do you use with your 17" Shinko 244s?

thanks
js
Back to top Go down
chabon

chabon

PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:35 pm

AZNoob wrote:

What tubes do you use with your 17" Shinko 244s?

thanks
js
I just use whats available or on sale. I did put Moose Racing heavy duty tubes in this time. Not sure what the heavy duty will do for me, they are a lot bulkier and heavier.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shinko 244's on the x   Shinko 244's on the x - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shinko 244's on the x
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3