Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Wrr in Portland Oregon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
astraflyr

New Wrr in Portland Oregon Empty
PostSubject: New Wrr in Portland Oregon   New Wrr in Portland Oregon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Hey there. Been riding my new 09 Wr250r for about 3 weeks now and love it. It's basically a replacement for my Cr250 and my wife's xt225. I'm a little big for the xt225 (220 pounds, me, not the bike). I love the Wrr. I've got a half mile motocross track at my place and the Wrr does just fine for me. I cranked down the clickers and plan on doing the airbox mod this week. Sounds like the 12t sprocket would help coming out of the berms. My first mod was to take off the passenger pegs. I mean come on! Really. That's what my FZ1 is for(which is getting dusty in the garage now). I went into the yamaha store again this week and looked at all the other dual sports (230's, 650's, etc) and just feel sympathy in so many ways for these sad bikes. I really like the xt225 and it's great for my 5'4'' wife, but I'm 6'3'' and was really getting self conscious on the road. It was hard to beat for picking up over logs though. Anyway. I like the info on this forum and would love to meet some other R or X riders in the Portland area. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: New Wrr in Portland Oregon   New Wrr in Portland Oregon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Welcome!!

New Wrr in Portland Oregon 61865
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Wrr in Portland Oregon   New Wrr in Portland Oregon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

Welcome to the pack! New Wrr in Portland Oregon 61865 Let your woman take a ride on it and I'll bet she'll want to trade that old XT in on one. New Wrr in Portland Oregon 93746

PostSubject: Re: New Wrr in Portland Oregon   New Wrr in Portland Oregon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:55 pm

She's way too short for this blue bug smasher. She does take the FZ1 out once in awhile though!
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: New Wrr in Portland Oregon   New Wrr in Portland Oregon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Welcome, HI!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Wrr in Portland Oregon   New Wrr in Portland Oregon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm 5'4" and rode it stock for a bit until the lowering link came in. I just got really good at timing the traffic lights. New Wrr in Portland Oregon 93746

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: New Wrr in Portland Oregon   New Wrr in Portland Oregon EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Hiya Astraflr !

I've got a 64 incher and she's all over the map on hers (Yamalink and a Corbin seat later).

It's a matter of planning where you stop. ....which she protests at viamently when we're off-road and there is nothing but rocks and sand.

If she is confident enough to ride the FZ she can ride the WR. Just like mine also rides her SVS !

...ain't nothing but a Blue thang !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Wrr in Portland Oregon   New Wrr in Portland Oregon Empty

Back to top Go down

New Wrr in Portland Oregon
Page 1 of 1