Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Newby from Oregon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rktpacnwest

Newby from Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Newby from Oregon   Newby from Oregon EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:18 pm

Hello from the Willamete Valley. I'm totally new to motorcycle riding altogether (it only took me 40 years to get one).

Looking to do single track and some off-road ADV riding (so I'll be gearing up for sure) - oh and I will be commuting year round (more gear).

This is an extension of my mountain biking....just on a stronger and faster ride.

Any break in advice for the bike would be appreciated. It's a 2010 WRR that started with 0 miles.

Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

Newby from Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby from Oregon   Newby from Oregon EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Welcome to the forum! There's plenty of mods that you can do from no money to a bit pricey to get your bike up to it's full potential. Have fun!!! It's a fun bike!
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Newby from Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby from Oregon   Newby from Oregon EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Welcome. There are really only two methods. What you read in the user manual and then google "motoman break in". Before you dismiss Motoman know that the factory breakin advice for my Jetskis was officially similar to the WRR manual. The year after my model year there was a bulletin to shift to the motoman type of break in. Different engine altogether though. Key to both of them however is not let the engine run at one speed for a prolong period. You want to vary it and change the initial oil no later than advised.

I moved to Seattle in 2002 from Mt. Hood/Parkdale OR BTW. See the Black Dog there in June if you want to join an organized ride.
Back to top Go down
rktpacnwest

Newby from Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Break in   Newby from Oregon EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Thanks for the info. Based on my commute I'll have plenty of opportunity to vary the speed (and run it hard).

I'll definitely be interested in a group ride at some point (probably want to at least have a bigger tank by then to go the distance). See I can't stop thinking of upgrades Very happy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Newby from Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby from Oregon   Newby from Oregon EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:15 am

Welcome to the pack! thumb

Newby from Oregon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby from Oregon   Newby from Oregon Empty

Back to top Go down

Newby from Oregon
Page 1 of 1