Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ve2yag

Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:31 pm

I just buy a 2010 WR-250R in Canada. On Yamaha homepage, picture show some kind of black plastic nose protecting motor from rock. On web site, it say the new one-part plastic protector for motor. (Last point in chassis caracteristic)

I not have this part on my bike, and dealer see picture and description on website and don't understand why this part is not included. It not a accesory and dealer don't see it on 2010 parts diagram... The dealer check with Yamaha to get this part.

And your 2010 ?? Do you have it ??? Maybe mine is early 2010 production ???

Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:42 pm

Yeah, I see what you mean. That thing won't hold up to much abuse if it's plastic. Especially if you're going to do a lot of off road riding. If it shows it comes with the bike, then I'd be banging them to give you that part; I mean it's supposed to be a stock piece that comes on the bike. Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? 61865

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:04 pm

I think it comes on bikes that are equipped with that funny charcoal canister down there, like USA California models.
All it probably does is just keep stones from being chucked at the canister.
I wouldn't bother, myself. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 pm

In Canuskistan we don't have that stupid tear gas can up front. That is solely a California thing.

A wolf's voice echoed down the mountain 'Share the bounty of the hunt with your brothers and sisters, and forever be strong and free.' Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? Wolf_b10
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 pm

I'll bet you a million it's a case of Yamaha Canada using pics for a model that comes with the canister for their studio shots.
The Yamaha USA website shows this, too, even though the 2010 parts catalogue lists those parts for California only.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Right... I resemble that remark.

Being in Soviet California we take ours off and retrofit them into groin protectors (mine provides marginal coverage) beings that they just keep kicking ya there (even when you're down).
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Why did they have to give that poor bike a penis...it's bad enuf the Safari tank makes the bike look like it's got an erection. Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? Icon_rolleyes

Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 pm

I'm glad I didn't say that. ....not that I would know what one looks like from that angle.

Scandalous... Absolutely scandalous !
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 11:09 pm

I know...I have a bad habit of just spitting it out and being...blunt. Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? 93746

Back to top Go down
BlueAngel

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Yes, my 2010 WRR came with the black plastic factory installed, production date is 01/2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??   Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you have black plastic skid plate with your RR 2010 ??
Page 1 of 1