Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Income Taxes - The IRS says I need a bigger refund!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clint

Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! Empty
PostSubject: Income Taxes - The IRS says I need a bigger refund!   Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:02 pm

I checked my refund status this year at the IRS' website, I received the following notification:

Refund Status Results

We made changes to your tax return that
changed the amount of your refund.

The balance of your refund, $X,XXX.00, was direct deposited on April XX, 2010. You should receive a notice dated April XX, 2010 that explains in more
detail the changes made to your tax return. For more information,
please continue.

Well that's a first. I mean it's actually difficult to do the 1040EZ form wrong...

I am wondering if that "making work pay" bullshyte has something to do with the major difference in amounts.

I think they screwed up, not me.

Oh well, I'll put the difference in the savings account and let it sit until they recognize their mistake and ask for the money back or I'll request an audit for CY 2009.

Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Jersey Devil

Jersey Devil

PostSubject: Re: Income Taxes - The IRS says I need a bigger refund!   Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Hey, can I borrow some of that? I mean since it is extra money on top of what you thought you were getting back right?
Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Income Taxes - The IRS says I need a bigger refund!   Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:10 am

I bet that's what it is. I got the same letter from the IRS. It was the Making Work Pay thing that got me an extra refund. Didn't even know I qualified for it, but I guess I did. Surprised the hell out of me when I got my refund and it was MORE than I expected! WHOOO HOOO!

It was short lived though. I blew it on a new camera. Easy come easy go.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Income Taxes - The IRS says I need a bigger refund!   Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:32 am

mwakey wrote:
I bet that's what it is. I got the same letter from the IRS. It was the Making Work Pay thing that got me an extra refund. Didn't even know I qualified for it, but I guess I did. Surprised the hell out of me when I got my refund and it was MORE than I expected! WHOOO HOOO!

It was short lived though. I blew it on a new camera. Easy come easy go.

That's what I earmarked my extra money for, lol Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! 500735
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Income Taxes - The IRS says I need a bigger refund!   Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:37 pm

thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Income Taxes - The IRS says I need a bigger refund!   Income Taxes  - The IRS says I need a bigger refund! Empty

Back to top Go down

Income Taxes - The IRS says I need a bigger refund!
Page 1 of 1