Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R Empty
PostSubject: Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R   Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Well, I had to do it. I sold my CR250 (and 2001 Katana) and bought a 2009 WR250R. I'm not as young as I once was and probably shouldn't be doing 80 foot jumps anymore. I don't have a pickup truck and all my dirt bike buddies no longer ride, and riding with the 15 year olds down my street isn't all that fun. So, with no way of getting anywhere (legally) I figured I would go for a street legal, easy on the ears four stroke.

First impression of the bike is great. Doesn't have the scary power of my CR or my YZ from a few years ago, but the power is very steady and manageable. I know I will be modding it to get a little of that power back in time. I already did the airbox flapper mod, got the D606 tires and lowered the bike as much as I could without getting the Yamalink (which I will be getting soon, seeing that I am only 5'5. I AM used to the higher seat height but I wasn't stopping in traffic on my CR and YZ.)

I guess I am wondering and maybe should be posted in a different topic, what can I do to this bike to make it as much dirt (whoops, berms, small to medium jumps, powerlines and woods) worthy as possible? Lighten it and put a little more power into it. I WILL be getting the FMF's when I can afford em but I'm wondering what else people are recommending. Oh, yeah, I will also still need it to be street legal.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R   Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:16 pm

Best place to start is the Sweet Mods section. I've got mine to where you want it almost; suspension is all that's really left and that's getting done probably next week some time. Oh, and welcome to the pack! Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R 61865

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R   Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:09 pm

Howdy. :)
I've been riding dirt bikes for years, too, and the WR-250R is a good trail bike.

Another vote for heading on over to the Sweet Mods forum to read-up on what should be done to the bike.
Basically, it's:

*Airbox flapper removal
*Fuel injection programmer
*Pipe - most use the FMF Powerbomb header and Q4 muffler
*Lower gearing
*Air Injection System (AIS) removal

Those are the main uncorking mods to rid the bike of the EPA crap holding it back.
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

PostSubject: Re: Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R   Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 am

Welcome Midnite171!!

Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R   Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R Empty

Back to top Go down

Ex motocross rider just switched from CR250 to WR250R
Page 1 of 1