Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dull Spokes....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mash100

mash100

Dull Spokes.... Empty
PostSubject: Dull Spokes....   Dull Spokes.... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 am

Some of the spokes on my X, particularly the rear wheel, are becoming very dull, almost like they were made from galvanized steel(!) I think it may have something to do with road salt over the winter(???) Anyway, any thoughts on how to get them up to showroom condition? I have tried WD40, ACF50, Autosol chrome polish.... They are nice & clean, but NOT shiny silver! baldy I heard someone used Scotch scouring pads from the kitchen, but have yet to try this.

Thoughts? Recommendations????
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

Dull Spokes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dull Spokes....   Dull Spokes.... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:58 am

Not sure what the deal is there. Mine also look like crappity-smack.

*I thought mine was from the kerosene I use to clean the chain. IDK.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

Dull Spokes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dull Spokes....   Dull Spokes.... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:35 pm

May sound weird but try rubbing them with the dull side of some aluminum foil. This sometimes brings back the chrome look if they aren't too far gone.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Dull Spokes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dull Spokes....   Dull Spokes.... EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:04 pm

SOS pads work great. Use them all the time on grungy spokes with all the dirtbikes I've had. Dull Spokes.... 61865

jacque372

Dull Spokes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dull Spokes....   Dull Spokes.... EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:23 pm

my spokes are thrashed on the rear wheel i ride it everyday the road salt has killed them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dull Spokes.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dull Spokes....   Dull Spokes.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dull Spokes....
Page 1 of 1