Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My current mods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ToaadWR

ToaadWR

My current mods Empty
PostSubject: My current mods   My current mods EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 pm

I wanted to put a list of my current mods up so you can compare!

I am currently sporting the following;

Metzler MC6 front and rear (rear not DOT)
Moose XC bars
12t front 47t rear
RK WX Chain
Zeta front sprocket cover
Zeta rear rotor guard
Cycra pro bend bark busters
DRC wide foot pegs (a must)
Driven shifter (another must)
FMF Q4
FMF powerbomb
FMF EFI set on 3,3,3,8,8,8
UNI air filter
AIS and EXUP removed
Air flapper removed and screwed open
Zeta pivot front brake lever

What i have had before,

Some tires i would really recommend would be the Metzler Six Days Extreme,( http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/392/12636/ITEM/Metzeler-6-Days-Extreme-Front-Tire.aspx ) i have not heard of many other people using these and most internet sites do not say they are DOT but they are fully DOT front and back so dont be fooled. I had these on last year and they were great, i wanted to try a different tire style this year and i am happy with the MC6's but they are not DOT.

I am on my fifth pair of handlebars, i had my stock ones, some steel fly's, got some zeta comps with a motard bend which i really liked, bent those and went back to cheapy flys, bent those and now i am on the moose bars, the moose ones are holding up well but the bend really hurts my forearms after a long ride.

I would like to get rid of the stock turns and tail and get the pivot clutch lever, also get folding mirrors and a few bags for the bike.

I want to trash the moose bars but i am going to wait until i bend them. Also i am thinking about putting a 13 back on the front. I have seen pics of ate up swing arms that make me nervous. Also the gearing is too low i think now it is not that great on the road, before i wouldnt hit 6th until 75mph and now i am in 6th by 55 mph or so.

Hope some of this info is useful to other owners!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

My current mods Empty
PostSubject: Re: My current mods   My current mods EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Those tires have a tread pattern VERY similar to the Trackmaster II's and the Mitas StoneEaters I run.

My current mods
Page 1 of 1