Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

MPG before and after mods?

Go down 
+3
MotoKirby
skierd
triple333
7 posters
AuthorMessage
triple333

MPG before and after mods? Empty
PostSubject: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi, any stats on MPG before and after installing exhaust/intake/programmer? The only info i could find was this---------------"Even with Machtig’s lower gears and intake/exhaust/ECU-FI programming mods running absolutely flat out on a fully loaded and non-aerodynamic WR250R due to the saddle bags still allowed almost 40 mpg at its worst. At his best, was 70 mpg with the same bike and similar conditions but not WOT is all.

I suspect the modifications to the intake/exhaust and ECU added another possibly 20% increase in HP while lowering the FE of his WR250R (the on/off-road variant) maybe 10% from OEM if that helps?" Does this sound correct in your experiences-20%+HP with 10% reduction in MPG? I realize with a couple more ponies that the throttle will get twisted heavily at first and hence lower MPG...but with similar riding styles whats the MPG upshot of opening up the WRR? thanks
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Full FMF exhaust and power programmer, airbox mod, saddle bags, and a big ass duffle on the back of my WR250x netted me as high as 60+mpg and as low as 45-50mpg between yesterday and today. Yesterday was bombing around sweet 1.5lane fresh twisty pavement, today was slogging through the rain and wind. Same mileage I got when it was an R. Same mileage it got when stock.

YMMV. dunno
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:04 pm

If there is any difference, its not much at all. Like maybe a change from 50 down to 48, or even less. The mods are easily worth more in smiles.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

My bike is a '08 wrr, full fmf exhaust n programmer, all free mods, 'cept AIS, with a lil xtra airbox mod.
My buddy's bike is a '10 wrr , completely stock.
We ride together all the time, and our mileage is very close...My bike seems slightly thirstier by minor degrees...but I'm crankin it whenever I can, with limited skill...no regard, whatsoever, for mileage. I know/assume my buddy is similar...but I am probably more of an ass. Therefore, I assume I would burn slightly more fuel than him, on any given day...even/especialy if the bikes where set up identical.
So, I assume that narrows the difference even more...in my favour.
Wohooo...I get more power per buck than he.
Back to top Go down
triple333

PostSubject: Re: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:48 pm

thanks for the replies you guys-good to know with fuel prices these days opening up the bikes performance won't have to necessarily cost me a lot more to use it...now if i can just figure out how to buy the parts in Canada for a reasonable price....i like Mucker's response.."Wohooo...I get more power per buck than he."..... thats what it's all about these days
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 1:14 am

I wish I could track this, but since the gearing change I know my odometer lies...
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm going with mucker on this, too. The mods don't have that much of an effect on mpg's.. riding habits & style have much more. I've got all the mods, but still ride like an old lady, so i get 60's on easy pavement, & seldom below 60 even off road. I've gotten low 70's on long easy stretches of 55 mph. I am geared higher than most, which also helps.

My worst mileage comes on interstate & 70mph rides.. Mpg's go down rapidly as you increase speed. Coming home from utah one time i was averaging 80+mph trying to stay ahead of a storm.. my mileage was in the 40's!
Back to top Go down
Corycy

PostSubject: Re: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:04 am

I believe gearing and your right hand have the biggest influence on mpg. I can still get well into the 70 and even 80s when I try to get good mpg, though getting 50 and 40s is pretty easy as also.

I have all the power type more but a stock header. 14 49 gearing. Never had the chance to ride it stock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MPG before and after mods?   MPG before and after mods? Empty

Back to top Go down

MPG before and after mods?
Page 1 of 1