Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

can we get a sticky for some real schtuff?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? Empty
PostSubject: can we get a sticky for some real schtuff?   can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:26 pm

i think what would really be helpful:

a sticky on the following subjects,

how, "exactly" to set the "right" chain tension, including some values for those with lowering links,

IN PLAIN ENGLISH!

how, "exactly" to set the oil level, i haven't noticed but some think the oil level is hard to get right,

this is all,
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: can we get a sticky for some real schtuff?   can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:09 pm

I would go so far as to suggest a How-To section dedicated to model specific as well as general motorcycling setup topics...Stuff like:
Setting sag on your suspension
Chain adjusting
Valve Adjustment
shock removal
Fork spring replacement

With the recent order of parts that I did, I plan on creating how-to articles and, maybe even Videos for the following:
Removing stock Exhaust
Installing header and Q4 Slip-On
Installing the FMF Fuel Mgmt
Installing EXUP Eliminator thingamabob that Forrest sells
Back to top Go down
mkearl

mkearl

PostSubject: Re: can we get a sticky for some real schtuff?   can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Clint,

Good call. I would read those with interest.

How have you enjoyed the bike so far? Big difference with programmer/pipe?

I have ordered the programmer. Pipe is likely next on my list. I would appreciate your how to install pictures. can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? 525406

Mark K.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: can we get a sticky for some real schtuff?   can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 pm

You can find shock removal, chain tension and setting the sag in the service manual. The fork springs would be a good one, as it's not in there. Valve adjustments I think NOBODY has had to do on their own and only one I know of has done the check thru a dealer but didn't have to adjust as it was fine. I think we'd have to wait a while for someone who owns one to do that kind of work on their bike themselves because of the interval.

If you need a service manual PM me and I can shoot you one across. can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? 61865

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: can we get a sticky for some real schtuff?   can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 1:44 am

clapped_r6 wrote:
how, "exactly" to set the oil level, i haven't noticed but some think the oil level is hard to get right

After reading HighFive's oil change article on WRRDualSport, I went out and bought a measuring cup (like the ones for premix). According to the manual, 1300cc for 'without filter change' and 1400cc 'with filter change'. A teensie difference in lean changes the level in the sight glass significantly, so I alway just measure it now.

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/maintenance can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? 163123
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can we get a sticky for some real schtuff?   can we get a sticky for some real schtuff? Empty

Back to top Go down

can we get a sticky for some real schtuff?
Page 1 of 1