Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire type/size

Go down 
+3
skierd
SheWolf
jlpred
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jlpred

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Tire type/size   Tire type/size EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 pm

OK. Getting wheels from Forest and tires locally on Tuesday. What is everybody running (or has run) on tire type and size. I don't need tire review as I have done the research on them, however feel free to chime in. I'm looking to see about size and if you were (are) happy with front size and rear swingarm clearance. I'm eying up Mich AC-10, Dun 606, or Mich T63. As you can see, this will be quite an expensive endevor and I want to be sure to get it right. Already have 48 rear sprocket to compensate for "taller" tire. Thx all.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire type/size   Tire type/size EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:39 pm

I ran the 606's and loved them. I'm running the Mitas StoneEaters now, so far they beat out the 606 in price and are keeping up to them wear wise. Traction wise, the Mitas are better. Ran the 120's on the rear with the 606's, running the 110/100's this time around. Swingarm clearance is good. Tire type/size 61865

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire type/size   Tire type/size EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:35 pm

I've ran the D606's as a pair and liked it. Trying the Pirelli MT43 rear with a D606 front now and the grip is better (fantastic) but wear is not. Probably going to give the Kenda K760 TrakMaster II a shot next.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire type/size   Tire type/size EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Be interesting to see what price you get that TMII for. Tire type/size 61865

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire type/size   Tire type/size EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:54 pm

I've ran the 606's for a long time and they wear great.
Back to top Go down
clint

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire type/size   Tire type/size EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:04 pm

jlpred wrote:
OK. Getting wheels from Forest and tires locally on Tuesday. What is everybody running (or has run) on tire type and size. I don't need tire review as I have done the research on them, however feel free to chime in. I'm looking to see about size and if you were (are) happy with front size and rear swingarm clearance. I'm eying up Mich AC-10, Dun 606, or Mich T63. As you can see, this will be quite an expensive endevor and I want to be sure to get it right. Already have 48 rear sprocket to compensate for "taller" tire. Thx all.

I had Forrest make me a 21" front wheel that's hot-swappable, and Jason at Warp 9 is making an 18" hot-swappable rear.

I also have a set of Michelin AC 10s lined up and ready to install.

110/100x18 Michelin AC10 Dual Sport
80/100x21 Michelin AC10 Dual Sport

Edited to add that I got the AC10s for less than $110 shipped from RMATV. (like $57.99 and $49.99)
Back to top Go down
Fanatic

Fanatic

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire type/size   Tire type/size EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:19 pm

I ran a 100/100 18 AC-10 and liked it. Now I am running a 100/100 18 Trackmaster II and like it better. Has good traction and good road manners, and is CHEAP.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire type/size   Tire type/size EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:09 am

loving the Michelin T63's. Amazing traction on asphault, rode some pretty tight twisties and never felt like i was going to slide. Drp the pressure down to 18psi and they do great on dirt, rocks, gravel, and mud. and ok in the sand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire type/size Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire type/size   Tire type/size Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire type/size
Page 1 of 1