Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

head gasket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ADV2

head gasket Empty
PostSubject: head gasket   head gasket EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:41 pm

I have a new 08 left over, about 100 miles. I've noticed oil seeping around the head gasket(not running down the engine just enough to tell it's seeping into the dirton the motor it's not anti-freeze) Anyone else had this problem?
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

head gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: head gasket   head gasket EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:27 pm

ADV2 wrote:
I have a new 08 left over, about 100 miles. I've noticed oil seeping around the head gasket(not running down the engine just enough to tell it's seeping into the dirton the motor it's not anti-freeze) Anyone else had this problem?
Who cares.

If it was my new bike, I wouldn't care if one single other person had ever experienced the same thing, it would be going back to the dealer. It may be nothing, very simple, but I would prefer it to be THEIR problem, not mine. If it ends up being a seemingly minor problem that is actually a symptom of a larger issue with the engine, I don't want to hear "Well, you should have brought it to us to deal with".
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

head gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: head gasket   head gasket EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Jäger wrote:

If it was my new bike, I wouldn't care if one single other person had ever experienced the same thing, it would be going back to the dealer.

Yep. What he said.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

head gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: head gasket   head gasket EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 pm

I have an early '08 that seeped some oil not long after I bought it, and I have read about several other people who had the same issue. Some took it to the dealer and some didn't. I chose to wait it out for a while since I had plenty of warranty left. After a few hundred miles it cleared itself up and has not leaking a drop since then. I have over 7K on it now and still no isssues. I can't explain it. If you have a bit of warranty left, I would let it go for now and see what happens after you give it a few oil changes and a good break in. You could probably find more info and photos of the leak by doing a search here for oil leaks. I think I posted a few photos here or on TT when I had my problem. Don't let it keep you from riding unless it's really pouring out. Mine was just a tiny leak (more like an oil stain) that appeared to be coming from the back side of the head near the timing chain tensioner and seeping around the left side of the head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

head gasket Empty
PostSubject: Re: head gasket   head gasket Empty

Back to top Go down

head gasket
Page 1 of 1