Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Powercore 4

Go down 
+6
Tonymorr
INSTIGATOR
f3joel
asheville thumper
SheWolf
Reschly
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Reschly

Reschly

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 9:15 am

Just installed WOW its like a new bike. But, my question is is anyone running the quiet core in theirs. If so would you say it makes a substantial difference in noise reduction. I am just a little worried about the trail cops up here topes
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 2:52 pm

I really can't belive I am the only one that has installed this
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Not sure if it was Zadok who had the PC4 and put in the quiet pack in it or not. It did make it a bit quieter, and was cheaper than buying the Q4 by quite a substantial amount. eeek

asheville thumper

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 9:48 pm

Reschly wrote:
Just installed WOW its like a new bike. But, my question is is anyone running the quiet core in theirs. If so would you say it makes a substantial difference in noise reduction. I am just a little worried about the trail cops up here topes

Have you done any other mods to your bike along with the new can? I'm trying to decide if I want to get the Q4, but I'm not really interested in cutting up the air box until the warranty expires. I don't mind taking the AIS off, because it can be reinstalled if need be. I just don't want to do anthing irreversable...yet. But with that being said, I would like some more power!
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:21 pm

I have a powercore and powerbomb on my x.... ordered the q insert should be here tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts after I put it in.
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:25 pm

I love what it did just a little worried about on the trails GAHHHH let me know what ya think
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 4:35 pm

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/viewproductdetailbysku/U2t1U3RhcnRzOmZtZg==/1/27560/fmf-racing-4stroke-exhaust-replacement-parts-accessories.aspx

here is where I got mine, it is the part # 040288 $22.36
Back to top Go down
INSTIGATOR

INSTIGATOR

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 6:41 pm

asheville thumper wrote:
Reschly wrote:

Have you done any other mods to your bike along with the new can? I'm trying to decide if I want to get the Q4, but I'm not really interested in cutting up the air box until the warranty expires. I don't mind taking the AIS off, because it can be reinstalled if need be. I just don't want to do anthing irreversable...yet. But with that being said, I would like some more power!

Just take off the airbox door.
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 pm

thanks for the link but I too also got one coming for 2 bucks more. I am a little curious about removing the door on the airbox. I ride in some fairly nasty stuff and question how much extra crap is going to fill that space scratch
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 9:46 pm

asheville thumper wrote:
Reschly wrote:

I pulled the top of my airbox off, it could be put back with plastic glue. I put 2 fingers in the flapper hole and jerked up, came right off.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 8:46 am

[quote="f3joelI pulled the top of my airbox off, it could be put back with plastic glue. I put 2 fingers in the flapper hole and jerked up, came right off.[/quote]

Very nice!! I like your technique. I think I will try something like that instead of drilling holes on the top. Thanks for your response.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Well I got it and put it in...

I have not ridden it yet ( raining, sleeting out ) but I did start it and let it warm up. crack it a few times ect...

Not much quieter, a lil ... mabye... I like the way it sounds better though, seems crisper more defined.

I'll report back if I notice any differences
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 8:04 pm

I got mine today have not installed it yet, but just lookin at it Ican't see it makin a huge difference if any, but we shall see
Back to top Go down
Tonymorr

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 pm

I got the quiet core. It did quiet it down some. I think I still want to switch to a Q4. Anyone want to trade their Q4 for my poewercore4? Mine is in excellent condition.

PM or email tonymorr@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
warrenck

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:20 am

I just installed my pc4 and I dont like it at all. I feel it took away power on the bottom and is way too loud. Any suggestions other than spending 350 on the Q? I have only done the airbox mod and the pipe.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:55 pm

I love my Powercore 4. I've been thinking about the insert but the noise doesn't bother me. If I get any complaints I'll get one. Until then... Powercore 4 942737
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:54 pm

warrenck wrote:
I just installed my pc4 and I dont like it at all. I feel it took away power on the bottom and is way too loud. Any suggestions other than spending 350 on the Q? I have only done the airbox mod and the pipe.

have you looked into these things: dbdawg <-- clicky

and - look into an EFI programmer dude....you may be way lean if you don't have one.

start here <-- clicky

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Warren I'd be getting a fuel programmer for sure. The PC4 will always be louder than the Q, even with the quiet insert or the dbDawg. It's strictly a performance pipe that was built so noise wasn't a big factor.

Tammy

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:04 pm

I just put on a FMF pc4 and a PC5. I can't fine any maps for my setup so I guess I got to do the work myself LOL.. Pipe is nice all I do is race so I don't care too much about it. Most seem to have the PC4 on there bikes and the AMA is not kicking anyone out of the races so it's not that bad....

with the one map I made the power seem to pick right up and so does the front wheel. Them big ass logs can kiss my ass now cuz they ain't stopping me any more wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Powercore 4   Powercore 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Powercore 4
Page 1 of 1