Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod

Go down 
+2
SheWolf
DanLap
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DanLap

DanLap

FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod Empty
PostSubject: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:13 pm

HI! Everybody

In the ''DIRT BIKE MAGAZINE'' august 2009 edition, MR. Know it all(George) wrote '' you'll realize a huge gain by switching to the FMF PowerBomb header and their Q4 muffler. The fuel injection will not require modification, and the power gains will make you smile.''

Questions : What do you think about that? Is't true that we don't need EFI modification?

DanLap
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Sounds like a sales pitch. Most ppl I've talked to said the PB isn't giving the huge gain that one would have thought. Mapping a programmer, I would think, is where you're going to get the best bang for your buck, along with a pipe and airbox opened up. Seems everywhere I've read (and experienced with my own bike) that playing with the programmer will give you the best bang for the buck. Figures, DBM knows fuck all about the WR. I've got the programmer and the pipe, with no PB and with that, along with other mods, THAT has made me smile. FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod 619190

Matty

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:22 pm

might not need one, but it definitely helps.
Back to top Go down
DanLap

DanLap

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:36 pm

Shewolf, do you removed your EXUP valve? What is your setting exactly?

DanLap
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:52 pm

YEah, all the emissions crap is gone. When you remove the stock can, the EXUP goes with it. I removed the whole assembly and then just put my resistor mod in so it wouldn't throw a code. My FI settings are 3.5, 4.5, 1.5, 8.0, 4.0, 4.5. FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod 61865 I've been running this map for quite some time and love it.

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:51 pm

I'll have to try putting back the stock header with my Q4 & see if there is a difference. I went from all stock to PB & Q4 w/ PCIII all in one shot. Shewolf may have just as much gain with less cost by just using the stock header because I noticed that the inner diameter of the stock header was actually larger than the PB at the port which would make for a smoother flow into the header than the smaller opening of the PB.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:44 am

There's also a huge amount of talk over the "lean conditions" of the stock bike.

Then, when opening of the entire system for more air, you run the elevated risk of getting too lean.

This is where the EFI programmer comes in to save the day.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:28 am

FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod 61865 Having that little piece of equipment under the seat is something I've put on all my FI vehicles. I have a modded ECM for my truck and it's an incredible boost in mpg and hp, as well as torque. For the bike, this way one can set the parameters to settings that benefit both bike and rider.

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:21 am

I can tell you that a programmer with the stock exhaust is an improvement. The power is more linear without the waiting for the little mill to come on song. The Q4 is in the garage waiting for some attention.
Back to top Go down
DanLap

DanLap

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod EmptyMon May 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Thanks everyone

Now i will start to save money to buy the programmer, and Q4 muffler.....

DanLap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod   FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Q4 and Powerbomb without EFI mod
Page 1 of 1