Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AJBsays

Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb Empty
PostSubject: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 8:55 pm

sorry guys if this is already in the forums or what not but i have the pcv and auto tune with a powerbomb header and q4 exaust.. i am curious if anyone has any pictures of theres or how well it works also if they have any recommendation on installation.. i am new here so all the help and pictures would be a great help!!!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:05 pm

When you say you have that stuff...does that mean it's all in a box still, and not installed on the bike?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
AJBsays

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:56 pm

nothing is installed yet both are sitting in boxes next to my bike, i wanted some pictures and advice before i start to weld stuff together and what not.
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 am

Here's what I did:
WR250R Tuning <-- linky
Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb 61865 Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb 61865
Back to top Go down
AJBsays

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:03 pm

hey ramz, i got a couple question, when you weld the bung to the header pipe what type of welding rod did you use??
Back to top Go down
AJBsays

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:04 pm

i have the powerbomb header which is titiuam would i have to use tituiuam rod and a tig?
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 am

Quote :
hey ramz, i got a couple question, when you weld the bung to the header pipe what type of welding rod did you use??
I paid a welder to do the job and didn't ask any questions. scratch

Quote :
i have the powerbomb header which is titiuam would i have to use tituiuam rod and a tig?
I was going to have the bung mounted in a powerbomb header, but it didn't work out. I mentioned this problem in another post and was promptly told I didn't know what I was talking about. I expect you'll find out, soon enough. Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb 724854

And no, I'm not going to discuss this problem again. Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb 1710251491
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 am

AJBsays wrote:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the power bomb for the wr250x/r is stainless... the one for the wr250F is titanium.

If it's stainless most good exhaust shops or hotrod shops will be able to help you out for less than $30 usually. If it's titanium either some idiot will weld it wrong trying to treat it like stainless or you'll get raped by someone that knows how to weld Ti. Not because it's that much more difficult, but because they know you'll have limited options.
Back to top Go down
AJBsays

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:14 pm

i apologize you are right it is stainless, my question is now, where does the o2 sensor mount because of the header pipe???
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:06 pm

This thread:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t1874-my-wr250x-fmf-mega-bombe-and-power-commander-v-autotune#57421
shows a picture where the OP mounted the sensor for use with a MegaBomb header. You can click on the picture to see details.
I see that you posted on that thread - just scroll up a bit to see the picture.

After thinking about it, I decided I need to add a few comments.

I started with a PB header and stock muffler. There was no room to mount the sensor on the stock muffler s-bend because of the existing EXUP port. DynoJet told me that the sensor should be on the header pipe, about 9" from the engine-mating end. Because of problems with mounting the bung on the PB header, I had my guy weld the bung on the stock header. So the considerations are - which header and which muffler, and that will pretty much dictate where you mount the bung. Dynojet sells a titanium bung for $25. You can get stainless steel bungs at Auto Zone or similar or even exhaust/muffler shops.

Here's a picture of my sensor mount:
Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb WRR118
Back to top Go down
AJBsays

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 3:53 pm

i welded mine and mounted it in the same exact spot as the above link you posted, its not on the header pipe... but like you said there really isnt any room , i see where yours is mounted but thats on the stock header. hopefully it doesnt make that big of a difference, also if you look at where graves mounts theres its at the same spot also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb   Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb Empty

Back to top Go down

Pcv and auto tune on FMF q4 with powerbomb
Page 1 of 1