Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Distance compensation mode details?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xcel

xcel

Distance compensation mode details? Empty
PostSubject: Distance compensation mode details?   Distance compensation mode details? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi All:

First a huge thank you to the anonymous WR donor (G****) of the electronic WR250R/X Service Manual in pdf format.

A few questions about distance compensation mode…

Does this “Mode” only hold in the Measurement mode or any mode once its set. While I could care less about the Stop Watch, I have seen some guys using it for Rally’s so maybe that works for them.

My question has to do with once this mode is setup to match actual distances, traveled, is it done including standard mode and will the Odometer track actual vs. its built in OEM offset as well? It sounds like a Measurement Mode Trip Meter can be made to match the WR’s distance almost dead on but the Manual does not go into enough detail whether this translates to standard mode as well?

Here is the Service Manual’s Details:

Sect. 1-6

Measurement mode (for calibrating the distance-compensation tripmeter’s reading)

The distance-compensation tripmeter is a feature intended to provide a more accurate tripmeter reading for enduro riding. Calibrating this meter in accordance with the distances specified on the enduro course map will help familiarize the rider with the course. In addition, calibrating the meter may also be necessary when using tire, wheel, chain sprocket sizes, etc. other than specified.

Calibrate the distance-compensation tripmeter as follows:

To increase the reading, push the “SELECT 1” button. To decrease the reading, push the “SELECT 2” button. Pushing and holding either button will increase or decrease the reading continuously until the button is released.

NOTE: Calibrating the reading of the distance-compensation tripmeter is possible regardless of the stopwatch operation.

Resetting the distance-compensation tripmeter or the distance-compensation tripmeter in combination with the stopwatch.

NOTE: Resetting can be made only to the distance-compensation tripmeter or to the distance-compensation tripmeter in combination with the stopwatch.

Resetting the distance-compensation tripmeter

1. Check that the stopwatch measurement is in operation.

2. Reset the distance-compensation tripmeter to zero by pushing the “RESET” button for at least two seconds.

Resetting the distance-compensation tripmeter in combination with the stopwatch

1. Stop the stopwatch.

2. Reset the distance-compensation tripmeter and the stopwatch to zero by pushing the “RESET” button for at least two seconds.

With a 12Oclock Labs Speed fixer and this OEM display compensation applied after the speedometer compensation circuit has been calibrated, maybe both the speedometer, trip meter A/B and Odometer can be calibrated to actual with your current choice of tires (circumference differences) and gearing preference.

Just asking how the Distance compensation actually works vs. the manual's description.

Thanks in advance

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

Distance compensation mode details? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Distance compensation mode details?   Distance compensation mode details? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 11:30 am

Hi All:

Closing this one out as Scott (rydnseek) answered this one with the following:
Quote :
From what i understand, the changes to the trip meter only works when in the mode.. if you exit, it goes back to regularly scheduled programming. ..too bad.. it would have been a nice feature to be able to set the odo & speedo ala the 12 oclock labs unit, but then that's what aftermarket vendors are for!

I don't think it affects the odo or speedo.. it only works for the trip meter part . Once you leave the measurement mode, you're back with whatever readings your odo & speedo gave before. So it's really only useful for enduro type rides where you need certain distances & you need temporary accuracy.

I guess i can understand why the manfr. don't make them all programmable.. some would mess with the odo settings & they would show much fewer miles on the bike. So we get a more innovating solution from guys like 12 oclock.

But it would be nice to have a little better accuracy than what we get from stock.Distance compensation mode details? Eek7

Thanks again Scott!

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down

Distance compensation mode details?
Page 1 of 1