Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Calling all Metal Working Shops!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

Calling all Metal Working Shops!! Empty
PostSubject: Calling all Metal Working Shops!!   Calling all Metal Working Shops!! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:02 pm

OK, so I have a few questions. I have an X, I bought a set of R wheels with the intentions of making a rotor that would bolt to the R hub and would have the diameter of the X. Therefore I would not have to change the caliper every time I switched wheel sets.

So my question to all the metal workers, will this be possible? What is the actual metal that the rotor is made of? And will a one piece rotor still be safe? Any chance of warping...

It would not have to be fancy like the stock rotors. Just a nice circle, not a wave.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Metal Working Shops!!   Calling all Metal Working Shops!! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Can't you just put an X rotor on the R wheels? Are they different? I wish I could tell you for sure, but I just sold my X this morning Calling all Metal Working Shops!! Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Metal Working Shops!!   Calling all Metal Working Shops!! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:43 pm

The X rotor is bigger in diameter than the R. Actually there's a guy who's got a dirtted X that is using his X calipers/rotor with the R rims that were built. Looks pretty slick. Calling all Metal Working Shops!! 61865

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12959973&postcount=14237

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Metal Working Shops!!   Calling all Metal Working Shops!! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Yes, they are very different. The hub is different, along with the rotor and caliper. Therefore, the bolt pattern for the rotors are also different. Pretty Lame!
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Metal Working Shops!!   Calling all Metal Working Shops!! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:55 pm

SheWolf wrote:
The X rotor is bigger in diameter than the R. Actually there's a guy who's got a dirtted X that is using his X calipers/rotor with the R rims that were built. Looks pretty slick. Calling all Metal Working Shops!! 61865

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12959973&postcount=14237

That is pretty much the setup that Forrest is selling. Would be nice if I had an extra 1400 laying around. I figured I could pick up a set of R wheels cheap and make a rotor that would bolt to the R hub.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Metal Working Shops!!   Calling all Metal Working Shops!! EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:57 pm

I was looking at some too for $1200, but the rims were camo so the price was higher.

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Metal Working Shops!!   Calling all Metal Working Shops!! EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:47 am

Comparison of both rotors...
Calling all Metal Working Shops!! CIMG0690

With them placed on top of each other. A top view of what a final product would look like.
Calling all Metal Working Shops!! CIMG0691
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling all Metal Working Shops!!   Calling all Metal Working Shops!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling all Metal Working Shops!!
Page 1 of 1