Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250R Tires...

Go down 
+11
bocaj
CopaMundial
YamWOW!
gas_pig70
Bob
proview
Machtig
drater
inspector
SheWolf
10Cup
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

WR250R Tires... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:25 pm

120/90/18 rear, 90/90/21 front and you're good to go. thumb

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:08 pm

inspector wrote:
Thanks shewolf. I just read a bunch of reviews on them and also a friend found a place selling them pretty cheap. I think I am sold. All I need to know is the exact size on both so I don't order the wrong ones. lol

Don't be stingy... share!
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 2:17 pm

malibu_dan wrote:
inspector wrote:
Thanks shewolf. I just read a bunch of reviews on them and also a friend found a place selling them pretty cheap. I think I am sold. All I need to know is the exact size on both so I don't order the wrong ones. lol

Don't be stingy... share!

Don't know the policy on links here. If this is wrong then please delete.

I usually buy from http://www.swmototires.com/. Good people and usually good prices.
Place that had a good deal is http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/393/5337/ITEM/Dunlop-D606-Dual-Sport-Rear-Tire.aspx

*i feel bad now, didn't even check any of our sponsors.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:05 pm

We're not anal with links. If it helps out fellow riders, it's all good. thumb

10Cup

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Well I just mounted up my 606's and I have to say that I am not happy with the increased ride height and the change to the gearing due to the larger rear. I am going to look for the standard 80 series sidewall going forward. Just my 2 cents. dddog
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 5:38 am

just mounted a rear Kenda Trackmaster (110/100-18) and a front Dunlop D952 (stock size)... wink wink wink

I run the same rear and a similar front on my other bike. FWIW, my buddies run MT21's, 606's, and one even has the Terror-flex rear. They skate through the mud and it gums up their treads pretty bad, while the cheapo Trackmaster tracks true and stays clean. thumb

Will get a full report from the Carolina red clay slick-@ss greasy-top mud today!! bannana
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 8:10 am

Can't say the 606's skate thru mud on my scoot. They fling that shit like no tomorrow. thumb

BPG

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:38 am

aye - but this clay down Souf is NASTY (very hard and greasy) - big difference from here even to, say, my home state of Pennsylvania in soil type. Like PA, in BC I'm guessing you have a lot of nice soft loam that cleans off the tire easily...

Not wanting a tire debate, LOL! I'm just adding a data point - from what I've seen/experienced a 606 or MT-21 is not aggressive enough for traction in this particular mud. The knobs are just spaced too closely, the clay packs up between and makes a racing slick...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:07 am

Yeah, no debating from me. Just for myself I like them. We do have ugly clay up here that sticks like shit to a woolly dog, stains paint and at one point I needed a steam cleaner to get the globs off because the crap was so damned stiff. The logging roads around here are full of that stuff; you know the kind that eats your boots when you step in it. Very happy

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm a Kenda 760 Trakmaster man, myself, run those almost exclusively.

For loose sand or lots of mud, the Kenda Southwick (non DOT) is the bee's knees, or cat's ass; whichever analogy you prefer.

Never used the 606, but they don't look quite agressive enough for me, I agree that the knobs seem spaced too closely.

MT21s are good, but I still prefer the Trakmaster. Personal preference, my 2 cents, YMMV, FWIW, and so on...
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Well, the rear Trackmaster II/front D952 was friggin' amazing in the mud today! cheers wings thumb

I'm curious as to how the D952 will last w/ some street use; I know it's the shizzle in the red clay mud. bannana
Back to top Go down
mr_beat

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Where in western pa is home? I'm in Butler county.

Anywho, when you remove the wheel to change out the tire do you take off the front sprocket or do you have enough slack stock.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:31 pm

mr_beat wrote:

Anywho, when you remove the wheel to change out the tire do you take off the front sprocket or do you have enough slack stock.

Don't need to touch the front sprocket at all. Hell, I didn't even need to loosen the chain adjusting bolts (what the heck you call them?).
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2009 7:05 pm

mr_beat wrote:

Just up the road in Clarion, can't wait to get back in June and hit all the zillions of free trails!!! wings

I just screw in the adjusting bolts a good amount, pull the chain a bit off the rear sprocket at the top, then rotate the wheel backwards a bit - the chain should pop right off the rear sprocket
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250R Tires...   WR250R Tires... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250R Tires...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2