Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new tires

Go down 
+5
PonchoV
MeefZah
BPG
Notsolegit
warriordad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
warriordad

new tires Empty
PostSubject: new tires   new tires EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:25 pm

well i just put a set of dunlop 952's on my bike and went out and road it like i was mad at it for around three hours through some sandy, wet, tight trail sections here in nw fla. and i have to say that the new rubber has changed the way my bike rides , alot.
i'm still stock gearing and muffler as well, but when i first got the bike afew weeks ago i was not so happy in the woods . but with these new tires the bike handles better and goes through the gears so much nicer than before. so before you spend alot of money on other things get a set of 952's and ride and enjoy.
these are not street tires , they are offroad design.
enjoy!!!!!!! horse
Back to top Go down
Notsolegit

Notsolegit

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyWed May 27, 2009 5:34 am

Nice work mate, Knobbies make a difference that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:47 pm

I just swapped the stockers for a D952 front and a Kenda Trackmaster II rear - best mod I've done so far! The bike sticks like glue off road instead of slipping and sliding, and actually does almost as well as the stockers on road.

Let me know how that rear D952 wears - I'm hoping to get about 2-3K 50-50 miles from the trackmaster. If the D952 sticks better in the dirt and lasts comparably, I might try it as well.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:30 pm

BPG wrote:
I just swapped the stockers for a D952 front and a Kenda Trackmaster II rear - best mod I've done so far! The bike sticks like glue off road instead of slipping and sliding, and actually does almost as well as the stockers on road.

Let me know how that rear D952 wears - I'm hoping to get about 2-3K 50-50 miles from the trackmaster. If the D952 sticks better in the dirt and lasts comparably, I might try it as well.

I'm getting about 1500 miles out of a Trakmaster.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 2:17 pm

warriordad,
Is your wr250 an X?
Didn't see it in you above post.
Sorry if I missed it.

I am looking for other rider's input about what they are putting on their X when doing serious running in the woods.
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:02 pm

I got about 2500 street and trail miles from my rear Kenda trak master II ( K760 ) - although it's been pretty well shagged these past 500 miles... new tires Icon_rr

I highly recommend this tire for the rear - along with a front Dunlop D952 (my D952 looks almost new after the same 2500 miles). Ridiculous traction in mud and soft loam, pretty good in rock, and can drag pegs w/ confidence on the street new tires 61865 Plus they're like $50.

Wanted to try a 606 rear this time to see if I could get more mileage, but decided against it. My worn Trak Masters still hook up better than my buddys' much newer 606's in the mud new tires 619190 Maybe if the 606 lasted a LOT longer... Nah, can't give up that much traction!! new tires 61865
Back to top Go down
skierd

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 pm

I got about 4600 miles out of my OE trailwings and ~5000 miles out of my first set of D606's. The front trailwing was still serviceable (still have it actually as a backup) but the D606's were GONE at that mileage. I don't think they liked going down the BRP and through Deal's Gap.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing the Sandblast Rally in February so I'm looking at something WAY more aggressive for that. I'm thinking about a set of Michelin S12 XC's or Pirelli XCMS's along with a pair Neutech Tubliss's. After that, might be giving trials-type tires a try.
Back to top Go down
greer

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:41 am

I've been very impressed with the Michelin T63 on my XT225; over 4,000 miles on them and got lots of tread left. Hadn't decided yet on the WR.

Sarah

new tires Image1912
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 10:56 am

I went with the 606's again. I can't believe the wear...still running the rear and on almost 7000 km. wink

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:11 am

Where are you guys finding trackmasters in the right size? Or are you going up in profile? All I can find are 120/100/18. If you want 120/90 I can only find it in a 19"
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 6:09 pm

I got the 110/100-18 both times. There's also a 120/100 that's quite a bit heavier (but will fit), and a 100/100-18 that's pretty narrow. The 110/100 seems like a great match for the WRR.

I'm curious about the OP's mileage with the D952 rear - I wanted to try that or the Maxxis Desert IT. Not terribly concerned with DOT legal, I just want something that tractors through mud and up slimy hills, and lasts a good while on pavement...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: new tires   new tires Empty

Back to top Go down

new tires
Page 1 of 1