Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

dimensions and weight?

Go down 
+2
mwakey
mzp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mzp

dimensions and weight? Empty
PostSubject: dimensions and weight?   dimensions and weight? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:08 pm

I do not own a WR but one thing that might make it more tempting to get one would be if I could go see the sights out west without actually crossing multiple states (from WI) on a WR.

If the WR could be disassembled to the point where it fit inside the above average cargo area of my Honda Fit I would like that option better than rigging up a trailer.

Removing the wheels, front shocks, front fender, rear fender (?), handlebars and the swingarm would leave me with a frame, subframe and engine. Empty the tank to lighten it a bit. How long is it from steering head bearing to license plate, and how tall from skidplate to the top of the gas tank? How heavy without all the stuff listed above?

I could probably hoist the "torso" off of a stand straight across to the cargo bed and back if its not too heavy or bulky.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: dimensions and weight?   dimensions and weight? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:31 pm

If it were me, I would opt for a trailer over doing all the work of disassembly and reassembly. Trailers are cheap.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: dimensions and weight?   dimensions and weight? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

How tall is the door on the fit? How long is the cargo area? You could probably do it by just removing both wheels and forks.

Or just get a cheap motorcycle trailer from Harbor Freight, the fit will tow it just fine.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: dimensions and weight?   dimensions and weight? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Who's the guy that fit his in the plane?
Back to top Go down
mattf

PostSubject: Re: dimensions and weight?   dimensions and weight? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:42 pm

about 56" from the tip of the rear fender to front of triple tree (I don't have the stock taillights on, they probably add a couple more). safely I'd say about 34" from bottom of skid plate to top of handlebar risers. did the best I could measuring it by myself but tried to error on the high side. no clue on the weight.
Back to top Go down
mzp

PostSubject: Re: dimensions and weight?   dimensions and weight? EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 pm

I did a measure of the compartment, it would be very close. The opening is 31" vertical, about 41 diagonal. About mid fifties fore-aft and low 60's diagonally. 34" to the ceiling at the tallest. Maybe the passenger seat would have to be folded down all the way so the triple tree almost reaches into the front. I bet it would work.
Back to top Go down
texasreb

PostSubject: Re: dimensions and weight?   dimensions and weight? EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Just get a small trailer that you can take apart such as the ones in motorcycle magazines. They weigh almost nothing and your fit would easily pull it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dimensions and weight?   dimensions and weight? Empty

Back to top Go down

dimensions and weight?
Page 1 of 1