Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

So after months of searching...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rider213

rider213

So after months of searching... Empty
PostSubject: So after months of searching...   So after months of searching... EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:32 am

On ebay/craigslist, and dealers, craigslist came thru.

08 WRR w/2200 miles, not been offroad and doesn’t look like it’s been tipped over. 3700.00 US.

All stock except for a Yosh Rs2 & K&N. (got the stock exhaust too)

The Yosh pipe is pretty, but has to go as it’s louder than I like for dualsports.

Should be fine leaving the K&N in, right? (this is my first fuel injected bike)

This forums’s wicked. Highly entertaining even if you don’t have a WR! (as I found out the last few months)

Next I’m looking at getting the stock exhaust back on, then some guards & a 12T sprocket. The trailwings on it aren’t worn much so I figure on wearing those for awhile & deflating for the sand around here.

Read a thread here yesterday that mentioned yamahasportsplaza. Neat site & prices seem decent. Anywhere else that anyone’s had good dealings with? So after months of searching... 525406
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: So after months of searching...   So after months of searching... EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 am

I don't know but I have heard that K&N filters are not as good as a oiled foam filter in the super dusty stuff that you find off road. Others can chime in.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: So after months of searching...   So after months of searching... EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:16 am

Yeah, I'm gonna stay on that boat as well. When you ride offroad, they don't filter out the fine particulate (dust!) as well as the foamies. I was going to go that route myself, but was warned by more than one respectable individuals to stay away from it if I do any off roading. Tarmac running was fine.

rider213

PostSubject: Re: So after months of searching...   So after months of searching... EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Super dusty is where I live offroad pretty much (tho this time of year we're finally getting some regular afternoon showers). Have used K&N's on a couple of different dualsports here without any catastrophic failures so far. In this sandpit called Florida, a light coat of oil on the inside of the airbox goes right along with cleaning the air filter.

That being said, i've heard the same thing from others about the K&N's, and went as far as buying a uni to replace the K&N that came with my last XRL (that I sold to get this WR).

Think I've a couple of filter sox around here somewhere...

Lovin the WR so far!

Not tagged yet and too loud, but "feels" right. Mostly have just ridden it around the property here since Saturday. Needs geared down abit & some D606's. And some guards, and....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So after months of searching...   So after months of searching... Empty

Back to top Go down

So after months of searching...
Page 1 of 1