Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WTF??!! (shock removal)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fanatic

Fanatic

WTF??!! (shock removal) Empty
PostSubject: WTF??!! (shock removal)   WTF??!! (shock removal) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 pm

I must be crazy, but the service manuel makes it seem like the shock assembly can be removed without removing the swingarm, but for the life of me I cant figure it out. It says to lift the swingarm and remove the shock from between the swingarm and relay rod, but I dont think there is room. Any tips? Is it wrong or am I an idiot
Back to top Go down
Fanatic

Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: WTF??!! (shock removal)   WTF??!! (shock removal) EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:58 pm

nevermind. The mega thread answered my question. Thanks anyway!
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: WTF??!! (shock removal)   WTF??!! (shock removal) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Pivot the subframe up and the shock will come out the bottom end.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: WTF??!! (shock removal)   WTF??!! (shock removal) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Fanatic wrote:
nevermind. The mega thread answered my question. Thanks anyway!

So, how'd ya' do it? :)
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: WTF??!! (shock removal)   WTF??!! (shock removal) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:31 pm

I'll tell ya how I do it . . . remove the left side plate, remove the bolt from the bottom linkage, remove the top bolt, and wiggle it out the left side. It'll come out.
Back to top Go down
Fanatic

Fanatic

PostSubject: Re: WTF??!! (shock removal)   WTF??!! (shock removal) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 12:21 am

I pulled it out the left side. I'm still not convinced the shock will come out the bottom.

Saturday the shock and forks go to Moto-Pro to get new springs and revalved for my light weight ass!!! I'm psyched!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF??!! (shock removal)   WTF??!! (shock removal) Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF??!! (shock removal)
Page 1 of 1