Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Shock removal walk-through?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dulinor

Shock removal walk-through? Empty
PostSubject: Shock removal walk-through?   Shock removal walk-through? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Now that it's winter, I'd like to pull my shocks to send off for rebuild. I could just have at them, but wondering if there's a good walk-through, how-to on the process. I've certainly seen that online for a number of things, would increase my confidence in putting everything back together eventually.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Shock removal walk-through?   Shock removal walk-through? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:08 pm

You're talking about the rear shock, right? You mentioned "shocks", so I'm not sure.

Simple.

Lift the bike with an appropriate stand.

Bottom bolt & one of the link bolts out. Top bolt out. Slip it out through the bottom & you're done.
Back to top Go down
dulinor

PostSubject: Re: Shock removal walk-through?   Shock removal walk-through? EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Cool - that sounds doable. I do plan to take the rear shock and the front suspension as well. Figure I'll drop everything in the mail to go-race and be all set for spring. (There's 2" of snow already outside and still falling, so I suspect I'm done for the season.)
Back to top Go down
dulinor

PostSubject: Re: Shock removal walk-through?   Shock removal walk-through? EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:12 am

Hmmm... ok so bolts came out no problem. The "slip it out through the bottom" is proving difficult. It's flopping around in there - but the shape seems hard to extract. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
dulinor

PostSubject: Re: Shock removal walk-through?   Shock removal walk-through? EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:30 am

Never mind - found a useful tip in the very next thread - pull the wheel back up and take it out the left side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock removal walk-through?   Shock removal walk-through? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shock removal walk-through?
Page 1 of 1