Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

chicken strips?

Go down 
+6
1moreroad
WeaveR
edwardhill1995
YamX1KRR
mfrankpdx
PQRS...
10 posters
AuthorMessage
PQRS...

PQRS...

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 7:55 pm

so lets see the tires, is everyone using the whole thing? wink
chicken strips? DSCF0051
just a lil left on the front... its much harder, but ive got the casting nubs worn down! gotta get pretty low to use the whole front tire..
chicken strips? DSCF0006
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 3:06 am

The stockers were easy to rub off, unfortunately no pics. I can't rub the strips off this 150/60 Pilot Power though. And the front goes without saying, I can never get the strips off them. I think the only way to do it would be to push the front, and I ain't gonna try that on the street!

This makes it look like I can't ride!
chicken strips? S4200162-1

That's why I had to include this pic!
chicken strips? S4200137-1
Back to top Go down
PQRS...

PQRS...

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:50 pm

well thats good news!! i was thinkin these stock tires were awful easy to get to the edge of... i was starting to worry! im looking at a 150 rear tire, glad to hear itll give me more lean angle!
im thinkin the sync's.... i want a lil dirt action, but not enough to justify avons.(i think theyre ugly) Very happy

chicken strips? Syncrbw
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 1:35 am

I wouldn't say the 150 allows for more lean angle. It depends on the profile. The reason I can't scrub the strips off the Pilot Power is because it's a 150/60, which is a different shape making appear more squared off. The disadvantage is that as you lean over further, your contact patch gets smaller. This goes without saying for any tire, but a squarish profile makes it more pronounced. So with a 150/60 I might get squirly as I get closer to the edge due to the smaller than normal contact patch.

The Pirelli Scorpion is available in a 150/70 so it's fatter yet retains the triangular profile of the stock tire, so you should be able to scrub all the strips off.
Back to top Go down
PQRS...

PQRS...

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 am

good advise, thanks! ive noticed what your sayin, some tires look too round.
im thinkin the syncs are the way to go...
150/70 on the rear...
would i want a 120/70 or a 110/80 on the front?
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:55 am

PQRS... wrote:
good advise, thanks! ive noticed what your sayin, some tires look too round.
im thinkin the syncs are the way to go...
150/70 on the rear...
would i want a 120/70 or a 110/80 on the front?

120/70
Back to top Go down
YamX1KRR

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:02 pm

The 110/80's are for a 19" rim, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
edwardhill1995

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Stock Bridgestones @4841mi. 26psi front and rear chicken strips? Wrx011
chicken strips? Wrx003
Back to top Go down
edwardhill1995

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 8:14 pm

just put on today Metzeler Sportec M3 150/60/17 chicken strips? M3on001
Back to top Go down
WeaveR

WeaveR

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:02 pm

groovy thumb
Back to top Go down
1moreroad

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 pm

edwardhill1995 wrote:
just put on today Metzeler Sportec M3 150/60/17

I loved M3s on my ZX6R, but are you able to get them warmed up on the WR? I'm worried that the bike won't go fast enough to get maximum traction out of a true sport tire.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:22 pm

1moreroad wrote:
edwardhill1995 wrote:

I loved M3s on my ZX6R, but are you able to get them warmed up on the WR? I'm worried that the bike won't go fast enough to get maximum traction out of a true sport tire.

I used to warm very similar tires to the M3 (but Better since they were NOT shit metzelers) on my old slow ass Kawi KZ440, it's just a matter of doing a few weaves.
Back to top Go down
edwardhill1995

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:41 pm

1moreroad wrote:
edwardhill1995 wrote:

They have been working fine for me so far.I do some 1st and 2nd gear switchbacks on good clean grippy pavement before I start trying to drag the pegs.I love this tire though! It's like a new bike.
Back to top Go down
mfrankpdx

mfrankpdx

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Tibarus wrote:
I used to warm very similar tires to the M3 (but Better since they were NOT shit metzelers) on my old slow ass Kawi KZ440, it's just a matter of doing a few weaves.

Actually it's a myth that weaving warms tires. The way to warm a tire is by flexing its carcass, and the best way to do that is by hard acceleration and braking.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:48 pm

mfrankpdx wrote:
Tibarus wrote:

Actually it's a myth that weaving warms tires. The way to warm a tire is by flexing its carcass, and the best way to do that is by hard acceleration and braking.

True, but I do find weaving helps clean the tires off when you first come off a gravel or dirt road and you go on to the asphalt.
Back to top Go down
CaptTurbo

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:18 pm

Actually it's a myth that weaving warms tires. The way to warm a tire is by flexing its carcass, and the best way to do that is by hard acceleration and braking.[/quote]

Actually, if you want to heat your tires, just lower the pressure for a few miles and then pump 'em back up. The lower pressure will cause flexing friction causing the temp to rise.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:01 pm

with distanzia's 120/70 and 150/60 you can get them all the way over, front and back...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

chicken strips? Empty
PostSubject: Re: chicken strips?   chicken strips? Empty

Back to top Go down

chicken strips?
Page 1 of 1