Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How much would you pay?

Go down 
+8
viroid
honek
blewwrx
motokid
mash100
wjfawb0
SheWolf
dc5star
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dc5star

How much would you pay? Empty
PostSubject: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:10 pm

Okay guys/girls so i am in the market for a WRX and found one locally and they're asking price is $5400 and its a brand new 2008, i think its really high. So my question is what you guys think would be a fair price OTD, and if you dont mind what year you have and what price you got yours for. A response would be much apreciated
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:14 pm

Well, mine was up there $7700 OTD, but I'm in Canada and the prices are weird. I guess it depends what area you are from cause prices vary state to state it seems. One would think tho, that an 08 would be a bit cheaper than that. dunno

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:16 pm

Oh yeah that probably would have helped haha sorry. I am in Virginia, US. And thats why i am thinking that a 2 year old bike that is just sitting at the dealer should be cheaper
Back to top Go down
wjfawb0

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:53 am

I bought a new 2008 WR250R in 2009 for less than $4700 US. I would look elsewhere. There are high volume dealerships that can beat most local shops prices. I've tried several times to get the local shops in my area to sell me a bike a few hundred dollars higher than what I have been quoted four hours away from home, and they won't or can't do it. How much would you pay? 29721
Back to top Go down
dc5star

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:01 am

That's what i'm worried is going to happen with this dealership, they wont be able to go low. There are some other high volume dealerships but the closest one here is about an hour away which i haven't looked into yet
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:42 am

dc5star wrote:
Okay guys/girls so i am in the market for a WRX and found one locally and they're asking price is $5400 and its a brand new 2008, i think its really high. So my question is what you guys think would be a fair price OTD, and if you dont mind what year you have and what price you got yours for. A response would be much apreciated
Man that's cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A new OTR X in the UK is over £6,000 retail = close to $10,000 USD GAHHHH
I got mine 1 year old with 2,300 miles on the clock for £3,000 & that was a good deal...........................
There maybe more choice in the UK, but import/sales tax, exchange rates, politics etc. ensure that everything is about double the cost of stuff in the US, including petrol, even though we earn similar income. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:51 am

Is there a reason you are looking to buy new from a stealership?

There are used ones around. I found a 2008 last year with only 300 miles on her for $4000.00

The guy even drove the bike more than half way to my house on a Sunday just so he could make the sale.

What are they selling the white 2010's for? Or the black 2009 leftovers?

Bottom line - I personally would not pay $5400 for a blue 2008 leftover.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dc5star

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:39 am

motokid wrote:
Is there a reason you are looking to buy new from a stealership?

There are used ones around. I found a 2008 last year with only 300 miles on her for $4000.00

The guy even drove the bike more than half way to my house on a Sunday just so he could make the sale.

What are they selling the white 2010's for? Or the black 2009 leftovers?

Bottom line - I personally would not pay $5400 for a blue 2008 leftover.

Im looking to buy new just because of the fact that its new. This is the closest one i found as far as new and used ones. I would like to get a 2009 or 2010 but this dealership does not have either, they suck, and all the other dealerships that do have them only have one and they are asking way to much and wont negotiate. So what im thinking is that if they let this one go for a good price then i will be happy and with the difference be able to do some mods
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:25 pm

dc5star wrote:
Im looking to buy new just because of the fact that its new.

On some level that's understandable. If you can reconcile that you take the immediate (estimated) $1000 depreciation hit, then have at it.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Pictures prove everything. How much would you pay? 61865

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dc5star

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Alright will do How much would you pay? 61865 . Hopefully will have the bike bike next week!
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:57 pm

I got my 09 back in March for $5800 OTD. Dealers around here wanted this price for the 08's that they had sitting and they wouldn't budge on price.
Back to top Go down
honek

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:36 pm

I just bought a new in the crate 08 two weeks ago. It was $5450 Cdn OTD. I then had it shipped to my house across a few provinces for less then $500.

A new 10 was $6800 before freight, PDI and taxes. So that would have been around $8000 OTD in Canada.

Last edited by honek on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More Info)
Back to top Go down
viroid

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:40 pm

I paid $4900 for a new 08 WRR a month ago; was 5600ish OTD I think.
Back to top Go down
Corprin

Corprin

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:59 pm

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/new-members-f1/sold-the-ducati-bought-a-wrx-t2406.htm

I paid $4k cash and another $178 for tax/title.

'08, one owner, 640mi

Minneapolis, MN
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:10 pm

I was offered a (new) 08 (blue) display (little touchy scratches and sun-fading) from the local small dealership for $6700 OTD.

Got my WR juices running.

So, I shopped around, and on eBay I found a higher volume dealership 3 1/2 hours away with a 09 (black) for $5950 OTD.

Pics of mods under newbies, "Austin Texas here" coming SOON.
Back to top Go down
dc5star

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 pm

I am going to the dealer tomorrow. So what do you guys think a good otd price would be? Im thinking that if it is under $5500 OTD then i will be happy
Back to top Go down
Medski

Medski

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:25 pm

I think I got mine for a good deal. It was 4800$ cad for an 08 with 400 km on the odo.
In Canada the 2010 X I seen were around 9000$ best I saw was an R 09 new at 7.5k $ cad.
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:12 pm

Yeah, I'm interested now. How much would you pay? 490865

What is the best recent OTD (out the door) '09 WR250X price in USD (US dollars) with ZERO miles?

Anything else under $6K? I felt pretty good about the price. How much would you pay? 29721
Back to top Go down
dc5star

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Thats what im wondering. Bc i had a friend who bought his 08 in December 2009 and he paid a little less than 6K OTD and i was wondering if thats the going rate for a 2008 with ZERO miles. I would think that a 08 sitting in the showroom would be less than what newer models are going for. Or if it really doesnt matter to the dealers what year they are??
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:27 am

Isn't it funny how sometimes people have a very clear perception or opinion until you ask a specific, direct question? How much would you pay? 645337

Has anyone (besides blewwrx) bought a new, 0 miles, '09 X for less than $6k USD OTD in the last few months? How much would you pay? 29721

Anyone????? How much would you pay? 613970
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 pm

I thought "OTD" varied by State? Or do you mean pre-tax and pre-license fees?

I always thought OTD was meaningless unless comparing within the same State/Province???
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:00 pm

OTD means EVERYTHING is paid; taxes on the bike, PDI, but NOT insurance.

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:26 pm

deerHater wrote:
I thought "OTD" varied by State? Or do you mean pre-tax and pre-license fees?

I always thought OTD was meaningless unless comparing within the same State/Province???

I believe you're thinking TTL - tax, title, license. In which case you are correct. Varies from place to place.

Now....back on-thread....

Anybody?????? How much would you pay? 613970
Back to top Go down
wjfawb0

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:34 pm

My 08 WR250R was less than $4900USD OTD in the spring of 2009. The dealership I went to had maybe $75 in fees, 6% tax and a ~$4600 price. I've bought three new bikes from them in the past four years. It's hard to beat their new price when used bikes with 500 miles are up for sale for the same price or more. If you'd like to get mods on a low mileage bike and can find the right seller, that's probably the only way I could justify buying used.
Back to top Go down
dc5star

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Alright guys i picked up the bike the other day! So far its a blast! have no regrets. I got it for $5500 after everything which im pretty happy with and they gave me a employee discount on a helmet. i appreciate all the responses and am starting to like this forum more and more. How much would you pay? 61865
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much would you pay?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WR250X Specific-
Jump to: