Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How much would you pay?

Go down 
+8
viroid
honek
blewwrx
motokid
mash100
wjfawb0
SheWolf
dc5star
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
deerHater

How much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:30 pm

SheWolf wrote:
OTD means EVERYTHING is paid; taxes on the bike, PDI, but NOT insurance.
Right. Since taxes vary between states/provinces, listing OTD prices is comparing apples to oranges. Taxes should NOT be included when comparing, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:58 am

Well, then it wouldn't be considered OTD. IF you DID have to pay taxes, they're not gonna let you take the bike until it's ALL been paid before rolling it OTD. OTD is clear and free, nothing owed, period.

Did I say what mine was? $7700 CAD (that was for an R). I had 6 different dealers give me varying prices, then it was down to 2. The only reason I got it where I did was that the sales guy managed to pull some strings and had my bike shipped to the shop before they had released them to any of the other dealers in the province. Otherwise I would have been waiting a lot longer.

mash100

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:24 am

Presumably 'OTD' is similar to the British 'OTR' = 'On The Road'? i.e. the sale price, including VAT (value added tax or sales tax), registration with Driver & Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), License plate & first 12 months road tax. Secondhand private sales do not pay VAT.
Different in every country I guess.....
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:57 am

deerHater wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
OTD means EVERYTHING is paid; taxes on the bike, PDI, but NOT insurance.
Right. Since taxes vary between states/provinces, listing OTD prices is comparing apples to oranges. Taxes should NOT be included when comparing, IMHO.

OTD is the ONLY apples to apples comparison. To be a stright-up comparison, it HAS to have:
1) same year
2) same model
3) OTD
4) zero miles
5) local currency converted to USD (center of the universe thing and all, you know)
6) same color bike (otherwise, my black one is faster, and therefore a better value
How much would you pay? - Page 2 53647 )

SheWolf wrote:
Well, then it wouldn't be considered OTD. IF you DID have to pay taxes, they're not gonna let you take the bike until it's ALL been paid before rolling it OTD. OTD is clear and free, nothing owed, period.

Did I say what mine was? $7700 CAD (that was for an R)....

Thanks SheWolf, good point. Free and clear is what we're all about, right??? How much would you pay? - Page 2 851577

Right now $7700 CAD is about $7400 USD. So that's for a '09 R w/ zero miles?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:00 am

Mash, not really, because some ppl buy the bike and it never sees a plate. They ride it strictly off-road. OTR wouldn't apply to them.
Poo, I guess mine would recalculate to around $7400 then with the conversion at today's rate.

mash100

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 5:14 am

SheWolf wrote:
Mash, not really, because some ppl buy the bike and it never sees a plate. They ride it strictly off-road. OTR wouldn't apply to them.
Poo, I guess mine would recalculate to around $7400 then with the conversion at today's rate.
Hmmm.... This is all getting a bit confusing - I'll need to learn more about this before applying for my green card! scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much would you pay?   How much would you pay? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How much would you pay?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WR250X Specific-
Jump to: