Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

soooo disappointed!

Go down 
+8
TierHawg
texascycle
wilburj
Mr.Metal
SheWolf
deerHater
clapped_r6
ghost town hunter
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost town hunter

soooo disappointed! Empty
PostSubject: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:58 pm

I was so determined to buy wrr. I went to the dealer to actually see it. The seat was so high! My feet could not touch the ground. I was on my left toes and almost got leg cramp! I could comfortably sit on KLX 250s and other models. Seemed like only wrr had such a high seat. Is there any way to lower the seat or I should consider other model?
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:28 pm

there's an adjustment on the shock to lower it about an inch,
also there's a yamalink that lowers it another inch. (highly recommended, helps the rear suspension action too)

that's the combo i have on mine, but it's still tall by streetbike standards.

there's also some lower seat options.

putting your feet down is overrated. those used to riding true dirtbikes feel at home.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:47 pm

clapped_r6 wrote:
putting your feet down is overrated. those used to riding true dirtbikes feel at home.
Just 3 months into my riding 'career', Spring 1979, on my mighty XS400, I pulled up next to a rider 'on' a nicely moded 750 at a red light. She might have been 5' tall, and maybe 100 lbs. Definitely she with those nice curves in tight leathers. She was flat footed on the left, boot had a moderate heal, her right leg draped accross the seat. Light turned green, she took off like a rocket!

Still a vivid image, 31 years later. soooo disappointed! 805204

What was the question again? soooo disappointed! 93746
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:49 pm

The bike can be lowered. Trust me, I had to lower mine cause I couldn't touch the ground when I first got it. The first expense will be a lowering link, but it's worth it. Riders who don't need it lowered even go with it, because it makes the bike hook up better. You can do four things yourself after that. Adjust the rear shock mount. Set the sag. Slide the forks up thru the triples. Shave the seat. If you still find it's too tall, get the suspension reworked and have a shorter spring set installed. I went the full route and the bike is perfect! thumb

PostSubject: Thanks for advices guys!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:40 pm

I feel so much better!

How much the cost of lowering seat by 2 inches without shaving the seat.
Back to top Go down
clapped_r6

clapped_r6

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:06 pm

1" free, adjustable on the shock
1" yamalink, iirc was $150
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:12 pm

Yeah that's it. I was real leery of shaving my seat because it was like...what if it affects the ride? What if I screw it up?!! eeek I'll tell you one thing, I don't regret doing it and neither does my ass. The seat is actually more comfy for me now.

YAMV. thumb

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Hrm... is there any reason to do the factory 1" lowering if I'm fine/happy with the height of the bike? I read couple of times now that it helps the bike hook up. I don't really want any less ground clearance if I can help it, so I don't plan on rising the forks in the clamps any. Do I want to bother with the rear shock?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:51 am

It won't hurt it any; I mean, try it, see what you think, and if you don't like it you can always put it back. thumb

wilburj

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
Hrm... is there any reason to do the factory 1" lowering if I'm fine/happy with the height of the bike? I read couple of times now that it helps the bike hook up. I don't really want any less ground clearance if I can help it, so I don't plan on rising the forks in the clamps any. Do I want to bother with the rear shock?
I also do not want to loose ground clearance, I think those mods should only be used in extreme cases of shortness of inseam. There is a suspension set up here or on the other site by an old guy and his set up works real well for me. I am 6' 1" and 216lbs---ride pavement only to get to the trail or track. You might spend time finding that link it is worth while at least for me. I think lowering the bike would really mess up the ride for the woods, just my opinion. wilburj
Back to top Go down
texascycle

texascycle

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 4:09 pm

I spent most of my early years riding off-road bikes, so even though I am only 5'8" I feel right at home on the normal setup for the WR². There were a couple of times that I almost fell because of the height, but those are usually slow, hairpin trails and what not ... so really no biggie if I did drop. After riding 3 different KLR650s, this bike is a little taller, but the seat is also narrower, so I can touch all toes to the ground on both feet at a stop ... that is good enough for me. The rest is practice at balancing and good luck :)
Back to top Go down
TierHawg

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Side pic of my bike with the Yamalink and factory lowering:

soooo disappointed! WR250Rlow

I'm 5'9" and can almost flat foot the bike now. Much better for me offroad than the stock heigth.
Back to top Go down
wjfawb0

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:08 pm

I'm 6'-0" tall and have a 34" inseam. I'm able to touch both feet to the ground on the WRR pretty easily. It keeps most people I know from riding the bike, though.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:30 pm

ghost town hunter wrote:
I was so determined to buy wrr. I went to the dealer to actually see it. The seat was so high! My feet could not touch the ground. I was on my left toes and almost got leg cramp! I could comfortably sit on KLX 250s and other models. Seemed like only wrr had such a high seat. Is there any way to lower the seat or I should consider other model?

There are NUMEROUS options out there for changing the seat height, from suspension mods to shaving seat foam.

Don't resort to buying an inferior bike on such an easily addressed issue as "seat height".
Back to top Go down
PooTeeTat

PooTeeTat

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:43 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I don't regret doing it and neither does my ass. thumb

soooo disappointed! 454776

What were we talking about, again?

soooo disappointed! 195268

(Sorry Wuffie. No disrespect. soooo disappointed! 53647 I just picture you as Uber-hot. Day-dreaming is fun.......)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 4:13 pm

It's ok. Very happy freaky

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 12:03 am

Now I'm about 6' 1" with 34" inseam and I sat on a new WRW at the dealership a few days ago and liked it well enough. I ride Mt. bike and don't mind smallish seats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: soooo disappointed!   soooo disappointed! Empty

Back to top Go down

soooo disappointed!
Page 1 of 1