Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please

Go down 
+2
f3joel
foxxracer278
6 posters
AuthorMessage
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please Empty
PostSubject: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:02 pm

so i was just putting on my edge tail light looks great and all but i forgot to take off the battery. GAHHHH i was being dumb and then i was touching wires all together and i think a fuse went because now no light will come on and the spedo wont show anything not even the time. i only see the 2 fuses on the left fender. where else should i look to see? or if it is not a fuse could some one help?
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:11 pm

my blinkers work but nothing else i also get the start up noise but the bike wont crank
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:12 pm

fuse panel under left tank shroud
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:13 pm

ahh thx will look there now
Back to top Go down
foxxracer278

foxxracer278

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:18 pm

i hate not knowing my bike yep thats what it was a simple fuse
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:23 pm

ha ha ha f3joel - what are the odds of two wr250 fusebox threads on two different forums in less than 24 hours????? And you got both of them. putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please 204616

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:06 pm

boredom and unemployment will do it putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please 500735
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:31 am

Dang Joel, hate to hear about the job.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks Sarah putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please 93746

I'm just glad I had the sense to pay off the WR while I was still working.
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Copy that. Disconnect battery first....thanks/ I'm a serious rookie when it comes to electrical. It doesn't help that the instructions that came with the Edge tail light are CRAP. Basically it says "disconnect old light, then install new one". Thanks a lot. ok, venting done.

First question is, where abouts should I cut the wires to the whale-tail? halfway between taillight and yellow harness on the left side near battery?

Do I need a heat gun to do this job properly, or will a hair dryer work?

thanks
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Don't be scared of electrics - we're only talking 12 volts!! Very happy
Anyway, if you're about to upgrade/change lights, first thing is to isolate/disconnect battery. I'm surprised you shorted stuff out unless you left the ignition on.... ALWAYS leave enough slack/spare wire, even if it means taping/zip-tying stuff out the way - you never know! Use crimped connectors in the most weather protected location you can find. Self amalgamating tape I think is as good as heat shrink wrap - used extensively for satellite TV cable connections which are permanently exposed to weather & UV.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please   putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please Empty

Back to top Go down

putting on edge tail light and oopppss help please
Page 1 of 1