Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Alberta!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DINOSORE

Hello from Alberta! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Alberta!   Hello from Alberta! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 4:48 pm

I am sure this is going to be a busy site soon enough! Looks great by the way!

I have poured over as much info as I can handle at ADVrider, Thumpertalk, etc. Still debating the WR. It pretty much suits my needs, but I am still wary of two things. Will it haul my 230 lbs. butt around on the street and dirt, and can I still manage a passenger for short trips around town? Any heavyweight owners that want to step in and give me some info are welcome!

Thanks!

thumb
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Alberta!   Hello from Alberta! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:32 pm

I'm pretty close to your weight with all my gear and a full pack. I don't have any problem. Of course this is my 1st off-road bike, so I'm a noob to the dirt. As for passengers....haven't tried it. Not many people want to ride on the back of a dirtbike. Wish I could be of more help other then, I'm happy with my purchase.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Alberta!   Hello from Alberta! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Hey Dino, welcome to the pack! thumb I think you'll find lots of info on the bike, and people here are pretty helpful in answering any questions you may have. Seems like a few big guys are getting into the R² to have fun on. It is a decent little bike with surprising power for a 250. wink

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Alberta!   Hello from Alberta! EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Welcome Aboard!
Back to top Go down
denniswrr

denniswrr

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Alberta!   Hello from Alberta! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Welcome to the wrr/x community! About the weight issue, I'm 235lbs and the bike is pretty bad a$$ off road. If you do some mods it only gets better. thumb
Back to top Go down
DINOSORE

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Alberta!   Hello from Alberta! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:38 pm

Cool! .. that's what I wanted to here! Just wanted to have a couple heavy hitters tell me they are having fun, that's all I needed to pull the pin.

I pretty much told the GF that riding the WRR would not be an option.

Just in the process of trying to make a deal on a WR right this moment!

thanks for the warm welcome!

freaky
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Alberta!   Hello from Alberta! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:07 pm

DINOSORE wrote:
Cool! .. that's what I wanted to here! Just wanted to have a couple heavy hitters tell me they are having fun, that's all I needed to pull the pin.

I pretty much told the GF that riding the WRR would not be an option.

Just in the process of trying to make a deal on a WR right this moment!

thanks for the warm welcome!

freaky

Cool! Get the bike, hope for spring, and we'll head out. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Alberta!   Hello from Alberta! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Alberta!
Page 1 of 1