Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Moose Skid plate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akasy

Moose Skid plate Empty
PostSubject: Moose Skid plate   Moose Skid plate EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:05 pm

FINALLY arrived today. Moose Skid plate 525406 Nice welds, good coverage, fits like a glove and apparently strong. Only observation is that the four bolts supplied are all the same length--front ones are fine. Rear ones came too close to the engine case for me Moose Skid plate Icon_scratch --didn't need that length anyway so I used shorter bolts.
Now I can properly bang the WRR arcoss the rocks\trees\dirt banks and see how it really holds up. Moose Skid plate 93746
Back to top Go down
mattf

Moose Skid plate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose Skid plate   Moose Skid plate EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:53 pm

I put one on a few weeks ago and like it. I used really thick foam between the frame and skid plate (had to use a wood working clamp to get the screws started) so I didn't have an issue with the length of the bolts but I didn't like the hex head bolts for the rear. I figured enough stuff scraping it after time will round them a bit and make it hard for a wrench to grab hold so I put some different screws in the rear that just use a phillips screw driver. was hoping to find some button head screws that use an allen wrench but had no luck and gave up looking after a couple minutes..
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

Moose Skid plate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose Skid plate   Moose Skid plate EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:18 pm

Mounted my Moose plate on about 4 or 5 months ago.... it has taken everything i've thrown at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moose Skid plate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moose Skid plate   Moose Skid plate Empty

Back to top Go down

Moose Skid plate
Page 1 of 1