Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Medski

Medski

Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment... Empty
PostSubject: Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment...   Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Ok today was the first day I rode with MX boots (I'm used to riding road and thus road bots...) and OMG these things are HUGE and Rigid and I have a lot of trouble with the brake and shifter, here's the run down:

Rear Brake:

Too High, I have to tip my toes way up... at the limit of what i can do... just to have my foot over it without pressing it.

Shifter:

Boot fit too tight when i have the boot in a position to Shift up. I have trouble letting it go down enough after a shift up to shift another time.

Help?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment...   Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Well, I did a few things. To rectify the shifter, I moved it up a bit on the shaft. That helped some. Adding PivotPegz really made an improvement. For the rear brake I had to adjust the nut as far as it would go on the mc. Once that is done tho, your brake light will stay on so you will have to stretch the return spring a bit, then it's fine. Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment... 61865

Medski

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment...   Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Thankies! I'll ttry that!

And shame i didnt know about the pegz.... It's out ofmy budget for now, as i just bought boots, speedoDRD, Rad guard, skid plate, rear rack, 12T front sprocket....

Well they'll get added to THE list... :O
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment...   Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment... EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:56 pm

the 'list' never seems to end. Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment... 810411 I keep finding more stuff too.

PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment...   Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment... Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Brake and Shifter Lever adjustment...
Page 1 of 1