Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ozy

Ozy

2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? Empty
PostSubject: 2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi all

Has anyone paired up a 2 gal rotopax & a promoto rear rack and if so is it a good fit and how did you attach the mount?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Trailmoto

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: 2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:18 pm

Yes, I have done this. It fits fine in terms of dimensions, but the mounting is a bit of a trick.

2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? 916570215_deNFo-M

I basically re-drilled the holes on the mounting plate, (provided by rotopax), to line up with the holes in the rear rack. The problem is that the existing holes on the mounting plate are ALMOST where I needed them... meaning that to re-drill the new holes, required basically widening the existing ones. That's not as easy as it sounds. I was able to use my drill press and get the holes drilled without too much trouble, but if you're using a hand-held drill, I'd at least have a good vise to put the mounting plate in first.

2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? 916538751_8vvta-M

Once it was bolted on, it worked very well. I also stacked a rotopax storage pack on top of it and it worked well.

2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? 916558454_AZSRU-M
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

PostSubject: Wow, ask and you shall receive.....   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks very much, couldn't have asked for a better reply.

I do have access to a drill press so looks like this mod is a goer..... Very happy Very happy
Back to top Go down
Trailmoto

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: 2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:51 pm

It's too bad you're not in Melbourne... I'll be in MEL from the 17th through the 20th. I could've assisted you with the modification.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: Storage Pack   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey Trailmoto ...

Looks great .... hey do you have any pictures of the Storage Pack opened-up .. just curious to how well things pack inside there.

Thanks ...
Trailmoto wrote:

Once it was bolted on, it worked very well. I also stacked a rotopax storage pack on top of it and it worked well.

2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? 916558454_AZSRU-M
Back to top Go down
Trailmoto

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: 2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:07 pm

GsVs wrote:
Hey Trailmoto ...

Looks great .... hey do you have any pictures of the Storage Pack opened-up .. just curious to how well things pack inside there.

Thanks ...

Sorry, no photos of it opened as of yet. I'll try to post some when I get back to the USA in the next couple weeks.

Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: 2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Just FYI I have in the past broken subframes with gas carried on the rear. Not a WRR but if you pound a bike like I do offroad the spare gas becomes an anvil pounding on the subframe.

Ozy wrote:
Hi all

Has anyone paired up a 2 gal rotopax & a promoto rear rack and if so is it a good fit and how did you attach the mount?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Trailmoto

Trailmoto

PostSubject: Re: 2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:21 pm

Akasy wrote:
Just FYI I have in the past broken subframes with gas carried on the rear. Not a WRR but if you pound a bike like I do offroad the spare gas becomes an anvil pounding on the subframe.

Considering the combined weight of the rotopax fuel tank and myself is less than 190lbs, I'm pretty sure the suspension can handle most of the riding I do.

But that's not to say it couldn't bottom out and start breaking stuff if the terrain was really rough. Definitely something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: 2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 am

I agree that the suspension can handle the load--it's the subframe supporting the rear rack that would be of concern to me.

Trailmoto wrote:
Akasy wrote:

Considering the combined weight of the rotopax fuel tank and myself is less than 190lbs, I'm pretty sure the suspension can handle most of the riding I do.

But that's not to say it couldn't bottom out and start breaking stuff if the terrain was really rough. Definitely something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?   2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack? Empty

Back to top Go down

2 Gallon Rotopax & promoto rack?
Page 1 of 1